• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Marketing with Celebrity Images

Have any of you gotten your hand slapped for boosting a post with a celebrity in it? Or used a celeb in your ads?

I was using a photo of @Alex Snyder and after about 2 days it was flagged and rejected. Within 24 hours after I was banned for life from all major social platforms.

I don't like it. . Relevant content vs News/Celebrity jacking. Sure you may draw attention but is it the attention you are looking for. It's a 2008 tactic if you want my opinion.

How does grabbing someone's attention with relevant content provided through a "celebrity" feel? Like the meme from before. Genuinely curious on your thought here.

It doesn't feel like a cheap tactic when the goal is to engage someone so they can learn about what you're doing/selling. Pop culture can be useful in marketing for that very reason. Maybe the issue lies in letting those giving the wrong attention get too far down your pipeline.

How does grabbing someone's attention with relevant content provided through a "celebrity" feel? Like the meme from before. Genuinely curious on your thought here.

It doesn't feel like a cheap tactic when the goal is to engage someone so they can learn about what you're doing/selling. Pop culture can be useful in marketing for that very reason. Maybe the issue lies in letting those giving the wrong attention get too far down your pipeline.

Our guy Brian West does a great job with it because he knows his audience and he very rarely uses that type of tactic. People tend to overdo it and get addicted to all the attention they can gather from a post like that but it typically brings little actual benefit to the business.