• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
From an IT standpoint, facebook is a major security headache. All those addons that you give permission to install can give you viruses, spyware, and trojans just to see which michael jackson video you should have starred in. Hopefully you have protections in place!

I've blocked social media in its entirety for my group. online games are wide open to pass the time, but there's just too many security holes with sites like facebook to allow it.

I guess if people that aren't computer nerds would actually use it intelligently I'd have no problem, but that will never happen.

This is an very good observation. Has anyone noticed that facebook has been a little funky over the last week ? My wife is on it all the time. She could get on via comcast, but not through other providers, like yahoo, ask.com etc..

My dealership has facebook blocked. So if a sales person is going to do anything, they need to do it from a phone application or at home.

I will say this. It certainly doesn't hurt for a salesperson who has a facebook account to post " I just sold a new Honda Accord " ... Anything to network ...

Last edited:
My dealership has facebook blocked. So if a sales person is going to do anything, they need to do it from a phone application or at home.

Oh, good point. Mobile devices, Mac, and linux computers all are immune to the normal rash of viruses so those are all fair game at work. When people complain about facebook on their computer, I fully encourage them to use it on their phone.

Oh, good point. Mobile devices, Mac, and linux computers all are immune to the normal rash of viruses so those are all fair game at work. When people complain about facebook on their computer, I fully encourage them to use it on their phone.

Wow.. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. Hey Jeff Kershner, can you get our blackberrys on line ?