• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Free! 24/7 Live Dealer Chat Support, Staff, and Leads (Case Study 2 Months)

I'm considering a chat program for our website and these numbers look great. While the numbers are impressive, I feel that they could be misleading. One thing that hasn't been taken into consideration (unless I missed it somewhere in the 18 pages of conversation) is the number of website leads, in a similar month, generated by the website before chat was available on the site.

It's safe to assume that a chat program will generate leads... but are the majority of these leads new contacts that would not have otherwise been generated? Do website phone call numbers remain steady after adding chat? What about preowned vehicle leads from the inventory?

My point is... If I add chat, am I truly generating ADDITIONAL leads?

Thanks for your input.

Mike Wolf
Internet Sales Manager
Young Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC
www.YoungAutoSales.com
www.facebook.com/YoungOwosso
1-800-725-2188

Mike

Page 11 and 12 show the breakdown from our first case study, and include the leads types. The good news is, now that you have signed up with us, you will be able to see and measure the results for yourself. I suggest pulling a couple months of your data before we go live, similar to what you see here on this case study. This way you will see the before and after, and be able to draw your own conclusions. Please post your thoughts here on this thread once you have enough data. Below is a link to page twelve that breaks down the lead types from our first case study.

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/...t-staff-leads-case-study-2-months-505-12.html

Apologies for the delay in posting July's results so far.

For Toyota-Town:

TOYOTA-TOWN (JULY 1-7)

[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 720[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 2.78%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 4.31%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 55% Increase in Leads[/FONT]

And for Richmond Hill Toyota:

RICHMOND HILL TOYOTA (JULY 1-7)

[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 519 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.73%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 3.66%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 111.56% Increase in Leads[/FONT]

We are at the tail end of auditing our June results and should have have sales figures posted by the end of today or early tomorrow for both stores.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Apologies for the delay in posting July's results so far.

For Toyota-Town:

TOYOTA-TOWN (JULY 1-7)

[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 720[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 2.78%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 4.31%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 55% Increase in Leads[/FONT]

Dave,

Toyota Town is looking great. I don't think there are many dealers in Canada converting over 4%. Only one I can think of is probably Mitch and the E-Cowboys @ Capital Ford in Regina.

We will be sending out the numbers tonight after midnight, so keep an eye on this thread tomorrow to see all three dealers numbers for the second week of July...:)

Also we should be seeing Dave's June final numbers for Richmond Hill and Toyota Town posted soon....

I'm considering a chat program for our website and these numbers look great. While the numbers are impressive, I feel that they could be misleading. One thing that hasn't been taken into consideration (unless I missed it somewhere in the 18 pages of conversation) is the number of website leads, in a similar month, generated by the website before chat was available on the site.

It's safe to assume that a chat program will generate leads... but are the majority of these leads new contacts that would not have otherwise been generated? Do website phone call numbers remain steady after adding chat? What about preowned vehicle leads from the inventory?

My point is... If I add chat, am I truly generating ADDITIONAL leads?

Thanks for your input.

Mike Wolf
Internet Sales Manager
Young Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC
www.YoungAutoSales.com
www.facebook.com/YoungOwosso
1-800-725-2188

Mike,

I can back up what they are saying here. Every test we run shows little to no cannibalization. Our studies suggest that "chatters" are people leaving your site now. Many of them are people at work. We track traffic times to dealership websites and majority of traffic is when people are at work monday through friday.

If the average person submits 3 leads during a business day who wins if you got a chat and the others got a form lead? They will have received the answers to their questions and scheduled an appointment with you. A good not to make here is carchat24 as do contact at once offers 24/7 live support. This is a great solution because your website is available 24/7 and we capture a high rate of leads per visitor after hour. Your major spikes are Monday through Friday 10 to 4 and Monday through Thursday 8 to 10pm.

Think about it.....cars.com and many other 3rd party players with much more resources than a dealer has studied these same things because that is the initial reaction to chat. All of their studies suggested that chat is in addition to calls and emails. In some cases email leads go down 1 to 3% but at the same time we show calls go up in most cases.

I hope this helps. Take a step of faith and do chat for 60 days. You will see the difference immediately. It's not very expensive and typically turns out to be the highest ROI.

Well first off I would like to apologize for the long delay in getting out first month's numbers posted to the forum. After a long (and agonizing) review of all leads received by both stores and refresher in the importance of entering data properly, here are the June Results!

[FONT=&quot]June 2010 Toyota Town Case Study Results[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 4725[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 99[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 2.10%[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 63[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 3.43%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 63%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Sales without Chat Leads: 7 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Chat Lead Sales: 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Sales: 10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Website Sales % increase: 42.85%[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]June 2010 Richmond Hill Toyota Case Study Results[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 3154[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 61[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.93%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 60[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 3.84%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 99%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Sales without Chat Leads: 9 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Chat Lead Sales: 5[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Sales: 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Website Sales % increase: 55.55%[/FONT]

And to follow that up. Here are the second week traffic results for the month of July.

TOYOTA-TOWN (JULY 1-14)

[FONT=&quot]Total Unique Visitors: 2284[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 37[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.69%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 23[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 2.63%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Lead Conversion % increase: 55.62% Increase in Leads[/FONT]