• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Free! 24/7 Live Dealer Chat Support, Staff, and Leads (Case Study 2 Months)

Here is the post from page 12 that shows the results of our 1st case study on DealerRefresh. (Bottom of Page 22 shows our 2nd case study results)

Below is two months of combined data from both dealers before CarChat24, and two months of combined data from both dealers with CarChat24. The original website conversion is almost the same with and without chat, this answers the question (Wouldn't I be getting these leads anyway?). The increase in lead conversion percentages you see here proves that adding a quality professionally managed 24/7 chat service to your dealership website will increase your conversion by 50 to 60% minimum.

Sutherlin Nissan Mall of GEORGIA & Henkel Chrysler Jeep Dodge: Two months combined data without CarChat24 24/7 Staffed Chat Support (4 total months of data)

September 2009 & October 2009 without CarChat24

Unique Visitors 24,886

Leads 1,308

Conversion before chat 5.25%

Sutherlin Nissan Mall of GEORGIA & Henkel Chrysler Jeep Dodge: Two months combined data with CarChat24 24/7 Staffed Chat Support (4 total months of data)

December 2009 & January 2010 Combined Case Study Results with CarChat24

Total Unique Visitors: 25,074

Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 1,252

Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 4.99%

Note: There is a 0.26% difference in conversion, this can be caused by many factors, but it is a minor difference compared to the increase gained from the chat leads.

Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 682

Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 7.71%

Total Lead Conversion % increase: 54.47%

In closing, the dealers in this case study had an average lead conversion increase of 54.47%, without any significant loss to their original conversion rate.

We see these type results from all of our clients, and this should be a wakeup call to any dealer that doesn't have live chat on their website. There is a better than 50% increase in lead conversion that can be cost effectively achieved

Anyone who would like to put their website to the test is welcome to try our 24/7 support service for 30 days free :)

Last edited:
We are in the middle of another Dealer Chat case study with two Toyota Dealers on another forum. We just received the first months final numbers, and I am posting them here to add more info for the Dealer Refresh forum. I will post the other dealers numbers as soon as they become available, and also post Octobers final results for everyone to review.

Comment by Chris Perera 37 minutes ago
Reno Toyota September 1st through 30th (Final results for September)

Total Unique Visitors: 5560
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 73
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.3
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 94
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 3.0
Total Lead Conversion % increase: 130%

Great news Shereef As usual and expected...
you know with the seemingly hundreds of lead generating tools or leads to buy out there who do you choose. Well I have found that buying "scrubbed" leads from a provider is almost a total waste of resources. How did the provider get the lead to begin with? Well I've come understand that they buy them from someone who bought them from someone else and so on and so forth well that's not appealing to me not to mention in the right now frame of mind of I-net customers those leads are often 1-2 days old well that may as well be a month old in todays time. All that being said there is another twist to the third party story, are you ready for this one? Third party providers more often sell thier leads to many differen't providers and usually your competitors in YOUR demo. Let me be clear here prospect "Jim Smith" submits a lead often prompted by some give away (not a real buyer) and that lead is owned by company A. Well company A is not a dealer so he sells that lead to Company B who inturn sells that lead to the final distributer which is Company C who sells that lead to your dealership as well as anyone else who will buy it. Sound ridiculous? Well it is so what's the solution? It's quite simple generate your own leads. Your best source for one party dedicated leads is your own website you pay big money to get people to visit your site(s) are you capturing them as often as you should? The average dealer captures around 2-3% of the visitors that visit their website not a great number but it is the standard. How do you increase your capture rate or oft called conversion rate. One way is direct visitors to contact us pages, another is drive them to request a quote form but the reality is they get to those pages and forms and they just get lazy and don't take the time to complete the form(s) if you need proof look at your web site metrics and look how many visitors get to the page and then leave. So what do I do now? You may ask. Well the answer is ACTIVLEY engage them in real time using a chat service. The proof is in the pudding! a 24/7/365 chat service will and should guarantee an increase in conversion of at least 50% or more. There are a ton of case studys all over the web and blog sites that prove that chat works so check them out. Choose carefully although, not all providers are true full 24/7/365 support. Is this a pitch to try carchat24? Well yes and no. Yes I want you to try it because it is the biggest no brainer in the car business and I GUARANTEE it works. And I like you are tired of paying for a lead that some guy tells me all he wanted was a 10% coupon good at his local Olive Garden and not a car. No because I don't want to use this venue to sell something so I won't go into the sales and cost of Carchat24 but I will tell you that if you contact me for the details and you agree to try carchat24 I will not charge you a penny for the cost of service for the rest of 2010. If you don't get help with chat from carchat24 get help somewhere...

Here is the September 2010 Case Study results from Sun Toyota. I will post October results for both dealers at the end of our study. Note: We had an issue with Reach Local visitors not being able to chat on Sun Toyota's website durring the first 20 days of the study that effected the lead increase percentages. October results will show the increase in conversion with Reach Local visitors included.

Comment by Mike Chaparro 2 hours ago
Total Unique Visitors: 10392
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 335
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 3.22%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 121
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 4.39%
Total Lead Conversion % increase: 36.1%

Below are the Reno Toyota before and after Chat numbers. There was no decrease in the original website lead conversion, and on average over the two months they gained over a 100% increase in lead conversion by adding our service. I look forward to any comments or questions from the forum. If you are not using chat to increase lead conversion from your site, you are missing the boat, as your website is your best place to source extra leads.

Reno Toyota Before Chat Numbers and Percentages
June 2010
Website Unique Visitors: 5163
Website Leads: 49
Site Conversion: .94%
Sales: 6
Closing: 12%

July 2010
Website Unique Visitors: 5509
Website Leads: 65
Site Conversion: 1.2%
Sales: 9
Closing: 14%

CarChat24 DealerElite.net 2 Month Dealer Chat Case Study Results

Reno Toyota September 1st through 30th (Final results for September)
Total Unique Visitors: 5560
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 73
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.3
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 94
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 3.0
Total Lead Conversion % increase: 130%

Reno Toyota October 1st through the 31st (Month End Final)
Total Unique Visitors: 5794
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 90
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 1.55%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 80
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 2.93%
Total Lead Conversion % increase: 88.89%
Total Website Sales without Chat Leads: 12
Total Chat Lead Sales: 7
Total Sales: 19
Website Sales % increase: 58.33%

Alex,

Thank you so much for the thumbs up. It means a lot coming from one of the "top dogs", I've learned a lot from the content you have provided. I still get excited seeing the weekly results and love the idea of a no holds barred set up.

I will put in the effort to get some Canadian dealers more involved on the DealerRefresh forum.

ps. I was speaking with the crew at Heyward Allen Toyota and I must say this Dealer.com site is sweeet: Atlanta Toyota Dealer | Athens New & Used Cars | Heyward Allen Toyota

I have to say, this thread is quite impressive :thumbup: - really nice job Shereef :tiphat:

Thank you Alex

I would like to see some other chat companies do similar case studies here on the dealer refresh forum, if they are doing a good job, it will help to educate dealers on what live chat can do for them (50 to 60% More Leads from their site). I am going to be doing another study here on this thread as soon as we can find a few volunteers to share their data. 2 months free 24/7 fully staffed auto dealer chat support, just share the numbers. :)