• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Free! 24/7 Live Dealer Chat Support, Staff, and Leads (Case Study 2 Months)

January (Week 4) 1st through the 28th

Total Unique Visitors: 3787
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 132

Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 3.5%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 96
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 6.0%

Total Lead Conversion % increase: 71.4%

Last week we had a chat in spanish. That would have never happened!

January (Week 4) 1st through the 28th

Total Unique Visitors:8694
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 520
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 5.99%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 287
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 9.29%
Total Lead Conversion % increase: 55.09%

Below is the format we will be using to post the January final results with sales data included.

The final January numbers should be posted on the dealer refresh forum by February 8th. This will be the last post by the dealers in our 2 month case study. I will be posting some other data, and also combining the data over the last two months to show before and after results. Keep an eye on this thread to see the results :)

January Case Study Results Final
Total Unique Visitors:
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads:
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: %
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries:
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: %
Total Lead Conversion % increase: %
Total Sales without Chat Leads:
Total Chat Lead Sales:
Total Sales:
Website Sales % increase: %

Total Unique Visitors: 4145
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 135

Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: 3.3%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 107
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: 5.8%

Total Lead Conversion % increase: 75.75%
Total Website Sales without Chat Leads: 16
Total Chat Lead Sales: 6
Total Sales: 22
Website Sales % increase: 37.5%

I thought I should summarize my thoughts about this case study since this is the wrap up.

It has been a pleasure to work with Shereef and CarChat24 and will be continuing our relationship.

If you look back thru the numbers we showed significant increase in conversion without a hit to our conventional website leads. I did an ROI calculation if we had been billed during this study that worked out to 712%. Well worth it considering once it was up there is no effort on our part except working with the additional leads.

All transcripts show that the chats are tightly scripted and professional. In fact at first I found it hard to believe that there were humans on the other end. I have seen curve balls thrown by customers that show that there is a live attendant even though I don't think it would matter given the results.

Kudos to DealerRefresh for hosting the study!

Whats next? :D

Total Unique Visitors: 9834
Total Website Leads without Chat Leads: 583
Lead Conversion % without Chat Leads: % 5.93%
Total CarChat24 Leads/Appointments/Queries: 322
Total Conversion % with Chat Leads: % 9.21%
Total Lead Conversion % increase: % 55.57
Total Website Sales without Chat Leads: 110
Total Chat Lead Sales: 39
Total Sales: 149
Website Sales % increase: % 35.45%

Shereef,

Thanks for letting my dealership participate in this case study. We have always had a great conversion rate in this dealership. I was a bit worried that the rate would be affected when using live chat. I am stunned that my conversion rate remained the same and was not affected at all. Your team has done a wonderful job! My total conversion rate is now close to 10%. Your company has added nearly 40 dealership sales in one month! Thank you.... Brett Sutherlin

Brett, Bill

Thank you for your participation in our two month CarChat24 staffed 24/7 live chat case study. We are very happy you have both decided to stay on with our service. I think this case study showed everyone that correctly managed 24/7 live chat support can create a huge lead increase, while not significantly having a decrease in the original lead conversion.

I will be posting the combined results of the case study by dealer this Monday, and wrapping up this case study. I look forward to seeing more of the forum members comments on the data that has been produced.

Last edited:
Great job with this Shereef. It's been interesting to watch this case study over the last few months. Looking forward to the combined results.

It's great to see a significant increase in conversion without a hit to a dealers conventional website leads. Different strokes for different folks -- Chat is another call to action and one that responds to this call to action might not be the same person that responds to "Get a Quote" "Value Your Trade" or "Call Us".

Bill and Brett, thanks for allowing everyone to view your results and for completing the case study. It is a shame the other 2 dealers that were initially on-board were not able to finish. Having 4 dealers show an increase on conversion with Chat on their site would had been even more compelling. Either way, this helps prove that if you have been shying away from a Chat service on your dealer website due to the concern of Chat merely decreasing leads from other forums/call to actions on your site and not resulting in an increase in leads overall..this is a great example to 2nd guess your concerns.

Kudos!! :thumbup:

Below is the Dealer Chat case study results for Henkel Chrysler Jeep Dodge showing two months of data before chat, and two months worth of data with CarChat24 providing 24/7 staffed live chat support. I will be providing some more information soon. Feel free to comment or ask questions :)

Henkel Chrysler Jeep Dodge: Two months without CarChat24 24/7 Staffed Chat Support

September 2009
Unique Visitors: 2995
Leads: 109
Website Conversion: 3.6%
Sales: 18
Closing: 16.5%

October 2009
Unique Visitors: 2956
Leads: 103
Website Conversion: 3.5%
Sales: 10
Closing: 9.7%