• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

FRIKINtech: Alex's new role and what it means for DealerRefresh

Digital Retailing isn't something I'd say we do. Besides, I don't think true digital retailing exists, and what the things are that claim they do it is just another lead generation device.

Having sat through almost every vendors presentation in the past 2 weeks, I can confirm this.
100% of them claim to do digital retailing.
100% of them end their presentation with "and then it sends that deal to the store and the store writes it up and calls the customer".

98d2cd37786104bc4ba59ecd42aa270f.png

Reactions: john.quinn
Until the industry agrees on the nouns and verbs that constitute the standard definition for DR; i.e., the statement "Digital Retailing is a.... that does..... and can.....", I will take your statement, Craig, as the penultimate statement of consistency regarding the description of DR.

Stated otherwise, answers to the simple question, "What is Digital Retailing," are like snowflakes; no two are alike.

Stated other-otherwise.... Maybe it's just me, but you'd almost have to be a moron to be in the marketplace today claiming to have a "Digital Retailing" solution. Can there be an actual check-signer in today's market that doesn't roll her/his eyes at the mere mention of the buzzword of 2017?

Alas, this is a different topic... and I have an idea for a new thread, LOL.

No Josh? Via the magic and wonder of mergers and acquisitions, I know your favorite desking tool no longer exists, but we came pretty darn close, no?

At least, we had a bunch of happy GM dealers (at least as happy as GM dealers could be... hahaha ;))
haha - true, my favorite desking tool no longer exists... and yes back then you were spot on actually. But since that time, GM has gotten much more confusing and VIN / option code specific with rebates.

I was just under the assumption from that post that this product automatically loaded all all the rebates / incentives / dealer cash into the tool.

Reactions: john.quinn
haha - true, my favorite desking tool no longer exists... and yes back then you were spot on actually. But since that time, GM has gotten much more confusing and VIN / option code specific with rebates.

I was just under the assumption from that post that this product automatically loaded all all the rebates / incentives / dealer cash into the tool.

I feel a challenge coming on :fight:

Reactions: jscole86
...and yes back then you were spot on actually.

Welp Josh, you'll be happy to learn that the #1 cog in that old desking gear, Casey Sullivan, is helming what you see today at FRIKIN Tech.

As a matter of fact -- and I mean this -- FRIKIN Tech is the second-best desking team ever assembled in the HISTORY of automotive desking, a strong 99.5% as strong as the old DDC team.

Only missing one team member, who will remain anonymous. (But his initials rhyme with "Hey You!")

:2quiet:

To chime in on FRIKINtech, did a demo about a week ago and it was FUCKINawesome. Very cool setup and super usable tool! Customer friendly, sales person friendly, SUPER DUPER desk friendly. I was working the desk when i demoed it so i was a little extra tuned in and look forward to seeing if it can be Canadianized!

Thanks Mitch! It was also good to catch up - been too long bud. I'm still looking into the Canadian side as I'd love to be up there too.... unless you guys build the wall before we do :lol:

Reactions: Mitch Gallant