• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM 1 Source Leads

Matt with all due respect, I would have to disagree with your quote saying "Realistically no one can respond to every lead there is within 30 minutes." this is not true at all for there are services that can provide this service for dealers.

I can understand the pain GM dealers are experiencing right now and I know this is something on the forefront of most GM dealers minds. It's a lot of money to just let slide by. We do offer a solution for dealers that would help GM dealers but unfortunately we are not yet GM certified....

No human being can respond to every lead within 30 minutes unless you have a 24/7 manned call center. People take breaks, sleep, have families, go to lunch... have lives... or I hope they do anyways.

Last edited:
The other challenge is that not all of you have only GM franchises. If another franchised lead (Nissan, Ford...) exists in your CRM/ILM that you are already working, GM still requires a response. Many dealers have disregarded responding as quickly to that lead - right or wrong.

Well it's not only GM. They're just the most annoying. Hyundai and Nissan are starting to push lead response times as well now. I can see Infiniti being not far behind since they're basically Nissan... Fortunately Ford tracks it but doesn't yell at us too much.

Alright GM dealers, these gm1source leads are pain in the ass. There has to be a way to create a template that will stop the clock. I've tested out a couple different ways and have failed....any advise?
I understand your frustration. We have just switched to Vin Solutions from LMCC. I have been having the same problem. Some of the dealers in my area have been stopping the clock with autoresponders from other Non-GM suppliers, but I believe that is going to soon end. 6 minutes is the lowest I have seen on the report. I have been around 1.5-2.0 hours considering all hours. Here is our solution. We are going to go wiht a local company, after our vinsolutions product is up and running still a few weeks out :( This company answers leads and email from all kinds of businesses. The guy who runs it is a customer of mine, and they are going to answer leads for us from the time we close to the time we open. Small Setup fee and small fee per lead, they are 24 hours. Randy Thomas is who you would talk to and the website for his company is Golden West Contact Service Center (this is not a small company they are a subsidiary of a large coop phone company it is very well managed and can be trusted) I am not getting paid to endorse his service, I just told him this service would take off for him, and I would refer business to him. His phone # is 605-721-1070 or 800-343-1869. This is the best option that we could come up with. We have not done this yet, but once we are up and running with vinsolutions, we are going to get them a login, and then they can answer the after hours leads, and then in the morning we are going to convert them back to our user. If you call Randy, just let him know that Matt Scott with Rapid Chevrolet referred his service to you. I hope this can help your company, we thnk it will do wonders for us and the dreaded email clock.

Matt, I wasnt aware of the phone call apt, I will use that to cut a few mins off each lead, although like Alex and yourself I dislike shortcuts and want all leads answered 100% the right way. Here is a question, if you do the phone call apt and it stops the clock, do you still have to answer the lead in OneSource for it ot show as a "lead responded to" or can I answer it in Votenza where I want my lead threads to be handled?

GM has a document available that lists every CRM there is and what to do in that CRM that stops the response time clock. In every system logging an outbound phone call attempt or manually sending a customer a personal email counts. In some systems you can also response from mobile devices or change the lead status or other operations that also effect response times. But every system is a little different.

OK, so I just had one of those AH HA/DUH moments.

An attempted phone call to the customer counts with GM and every OEM for response times. So why not utilize a service that integrates with your CRM that automatically calls the customer when a lead comes in? I don't mean robo-calling. I mean one of those deals where it calls your cell phone and you press 1 and then it calls the customer automatically and gets them on the phone NOW.

I can't speak for other CRMs but we have done integrations with call provider companies that can do this already. So when a lead hits our system (during business hours at least), we can automatically start a phone call to the customer if they have a phone number. To me that sounds like a great solution that not only lets you immediately contact the customer but also ensures your response times are practically immediate!

What do you guys think of this solution to help with response times?

Drew, we already got you integrated for this, what do you think? Sounds like a perfect solution to me.

I feel the same way as a lot of you. I use Autobase and it is not web based meaning I have to manually enter each contact through our Autobase system which is only on our work server. This is very irritating because I get leads to my cell phone and even if I contact the customer, I cannot log it unless I am on my work server. I have VPN set up on my laptop but it takes forever to login and it doesnt always work.

Basically I hate Autobase and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a GM dealer that uses Autobase. I know Autobase is developing something that will make it possible to respond on a BlackBerry but it wont be out until next week and who knows if it will actually work.

Why cant GM use the store hours and not real hours??