• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM 1 Source Leads

Alright GM dealers, these gm1source leads are pain in the ass. There has to be a way to create a template that will stop the clock. I've tested out a couple different ways and have failed....any advise?

Blake, explain a little more. To make the clock stop..I thought a response (auto-responder) needed to come from designated lead email address.

Auto-responders don't stop the clock, only a personalized email. Your under time constraints even after hours, so if a lead comes in at 2:00 AM the clock starts. If you don't get to the lead until 9AM when work starts, your response time goes to shit. You literally have to have a laptop next to your bed to alert you of a new lead!

Auto-responders don't stop the clock, only a personalized email. Your under time constraints even after hours, so if a lead comes in at 2:00 AM the clock starts. If you don't get to the lead until 9AM when work starts, your response time goes to shit. You literally have to have a laptop next to your bed to alert you of a new lead!

Well I think their goal is to make sure you respond to every lead within 24 hours. Realistically no one can respond to every lead there is within 30 minutes.

In our system we give our customers response time reports based on actual elapsed time, and adjusted to dealer hours both so you can better compare how you are doing.

This is how i feel too and my Chevy Reps said the same thing. GM doesnt understand that people sleep at night. GM use to send out a 95/5 report meaning responded to/contact 95% of your leads in 5 hours and they are going to bonus you 10k a quarter if you meet within the 95/5. I have not received a 95/5 report in the last two months. On the 95/5 reports my time was always under 4 hours and usually around 2.5 hours and 100% contacted. I remember some dealers where under 30 minutes. So i was trying to figure out how they were doing it. I have contacted my GM reps and they seem to not know what is going on and can't or wont explain to me exaclty how their "system" works. I heard that GM had changed the name of the 95/5 report to digital matrix, i haven't seen one of those either.

I have vinsolutions it is great. In order to stop clock a lead the other managers and myself go in an log a "contacted-yes" phone call. I haven't seen the GM report so i don't know if it is working but i seriously need to consistantly be inside the 95/5 so i get that $10k bonus for the store.

I have dealers that are doing several things to get the GM "clock stopped". A number of them have certain people in the dealership whos time clock inside the CRM is from 12:01 AM until 11:59 PM each day so that whenever a lead comes in they get a text alert sent to them via smart phone. They keep the phone by the bed and send an email from the phone to stop the clock. Personally I think that is crazy but hey if you dont get to many after hours leads i guess you wont get buzzed in the middle of the night that often. The slickest thing I have seen is using an overseas company to respond via real email to these after hours leads. The emails are mostly template based and explain that the dealership is closed but contain information about the vehicle the lead is on, they are not auto responders and are sent from a recognized email. I have a few dealers using this and it is working great for them. I know every GM dealer in the country is concerned about this so let the ideas flow!