• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM 1 Source Leads

Coastal,

As far as GM, I think they are nuts! They're basically giving away millions of dollars to dealers to do what they should be doing in the first place. Do I think the quality of the Internet experience is going to get better just because they have a bonus out there -- absolutely not! Dealers are just going to learn how to manipulate the process in order to collect the money. Who can blame them.

By the way, are you just South of Myrtle Beach? If so, I was in your dealership a few years back. I was the one who trained your team on iMagicLab software. A few months later you all decided to go in a different direction. iMagic would have been perfect for what you're dealing with now. Perhaps now might be a good time to look at other options.

Why cant GM use the store hours and not real hours??

From my understanding they tried this, and dealers kinked the system - Changing their store hours to make the reporting look better, marking "closed" on Sunday when actually open, etc. (what? dealers trying to find a workaround?). They had to make it a level playing field for all dealers - 24 hours clock did this.

If you do the math based on all the GM leads you receive, take an average, you might be surprised. If you are responding to your leads when you are "open" in a reasonable time, your clock average should really be under the limit set by GM.

And, in all honesty - IMO, if you taking longer than 1 hour to answer/respond to leads when you are open - you have bigger problems.

42% of the leads come into AVV Web Control between 9 PM and 9 AM. Luckily with Web Control, dealers can respond via their mobile device and stop the GM response clock. Unfortunately, that means you may have to sleep with it under your pillow.

The real question becomes is do consumers expect to be responded to at 11 PM at night. I would be thrilled to have one by noon the following day.

Coastal,

As far as GM, I think they are nuts! They're basically giving away millions of dollars to dealers to do what they should be doing in the first place. Do I think the quality of the Internet experience is going to get better just because they have a bonus out there -- absolutely not! Dealers are just going to learn how to manipulate the process in order to collect the money. Who can blame them.

By the way, are you just South of Myrtle Beach? If so, I was in your dealership a few years back. I was the one who trained your team on iMagicLab software. A few months later you all decided to go in a different direction. iMagic would have been perfect for what you're dealing with now. Perhaps now might be a good time to look at other options.
Jerry, yes we are just south of Myrtle Beach and I was here when they started iMagic. I loved it! But unfortunately everyone else hated it. If Autobase does not make it easier to stop the clock then we are definitely going to have to change something. Its not fair that I can call and email a customer using my BlackBerry but it doesnt stop the clock unless I actually login to Autobase on my work computer. I also think its crazy that GM expects everyone to respond to all leads in under an hour. I got two leads last night at 2 and 3 in the morning. Seriously?? My leads during work hours are responded to in five minutes but since we get so few leads through GM it really messes up my average.

Has anyone tried Dealersocket? A Nissan rep suggested this program for our company.

I am not familiar with how all the companies handle the status changes but with AVV Web Control, it is necessary to respond with a personalized response. I know that gets a bit fuzzy but it is necessary to have a person review the lead and respond accordingly. Otherwise, consumers will quickly see through that a real person did not respond.

It would be easy for an ILM/CRM company to program their systems to send status changes on auto-responses or automated emails. However, that would not follow the GM requirements and more likely cause them to be de-certified.

I just heard this through the vendor rumor mill, but as of February 1, GM will require each CRM/ILM to transmit data in real time. Currently, many CRM/ILM's batch the responses at the end of the night and let GM know when and how you responded to the customer.

Now, GM will require real time data to submitted to GM regarding how and when the customer was contacted. All this to mean - they are taking away any ability of the CRM/ILM to fudge the times or find a workaround.

Just giving everyone a heads up. GM should be releasing a statement very soon.

Anyone using a Tour, I need help answering leads with a Black Berry Tour. I can log into GM Global Connect, but I cannot access One Source. I have sent myself and email with the One Source link, but when I try to go to it, it goes to the time out page. I want to be able to log in to answer leads from my Tour, can anyone help or offer any advice on what I might be doing wrong, thanks,

Last edited:
I feel the same way as a lot of you. I use Autobase and it is not web based meaning I have to manually enter each contact through our Autobase system which is only on our work server. This is very irritating because I get leads to my cell phone and even if I contact the customer, I cannot log it unless I am on my work server. I have VPN set up on my laptop but it takes forever to login and it doesnt always work.

Basically I hate Autobase and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a GM dealer that uses Autobase. I know Autobase is developing something that will make it possible to respond on a BlackBerry but it wont be out until next week and who knows if it will actually work.

Why cant GM use the store hours and not real hours??

We are starting to test Autobase's solution. The idea seems pretty slick. You get an email on your Blackberry and click on the link. It takes you to their microsite which is supposed to be set up like their ILM. From there you mark the lead as contacted and go back to bed.:sleep: