• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Launches 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee

I thought about this some more over the weekend, even asked a bunch of car nuts that I happened to be watching some football with what they thought of the deal when the commercial came on. These guys are pretty hard core, and have bought a lot of cars over their lifetimes, they all laughed about it, thought it was risky.

Then I asked them if any of them were in the market for a new car, and most of them gave me the typical, "well Im always looking", but when they say that they usually mean a collectible or specialty car. The key point is that they were not "looking" for a new car.

I guess what Im getting at is that after thinking about it some more Ive changed my mind and think this probably is a pretty good incentive to the people that are currently serious shoppers, those people that need a car, and mean to buy one in the next month or so.

Will some abuse it? Maybe, but with financing issues, and some of the logistics involved with buying a car I think abuse will probably be pretty low.

Its easier to be cynical when we forget to put ourselves in the customers state of mind like I did in my previous posts.

Last edited: