• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM OneSource changes coming??? anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Matt, I guess I wasn’t clear in what I was trying to say. I have heard that OneSource is going to monitor all correspondence between the dealer and the customer and there is talk that they will require that to happen through the Torque lead management tool only. It seems to me they are going to force all 3rd party lead tools out and only allow OneSource to handle any of the GM leads. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this, not just the fact they are going to monitor everything, but that they may force you to only use OneSource?

One Source already monitor's our response's if you reply thru their tool, with the mobile feature that you made that great reply for those late night qualified leads, they have and will continue to capture all of our communications with THEIR customers and hold us accountable for all sales and lack there of :mad:

On another note, did you have any leads that you responded via mobile that did not stop the clock as advertised?

I've been having a major problem with this, but I'm blaming my ILM right now. About 14/100 leads over the last month were responded to in my ILM but on GM's list they're showing as never responded.

Anyone else seeing a problem with this?

One Source already monitor's our response's if you reply thru their tool, with the mobile feature that you made that great reply for those late night qualified leads, they have and will continue to capture all of our communications with THEIR customers and hold us accountable for all sales and lack there of :mad:

On another note, did you have any leads that you responded via mobile that did not stop the clock as advertised?

Hey Mike, yes, I have had leads that I responded to but never showed in OneSource, I have tracked those and found the leads before and after were counted in OneSource and I have notified them of that. As well we notice time to time leads not being sent to our leads email for the dealership. This just happened Tuesday at 2:20am, they never sent the lead, I never got it on my phone and it sat there till 8:05am!! Very annoying!

I've been having a major problem with this, but I'm blaming my ILM right now. About 14/100 leads over the last month were responded to in my ILM but on GM's list they're showing as never responded.

Anyone else seeing a problem with this?

Ghen, we noticed same thing, and what we did was reverse how we were getting leads into our lead management system. We were having the OneSource leads go to our Votenza system, then it sent an email alert to out outlook and my phone and I answered it from my phone through our Votenza system that then sent it back to OneSource, this process took 20mins. We had trouble with both Votenza and OneSource, so to eliminate confusion and simplify the process, we went back to OneSource leads coming straight to our email at the dealership, which distributes it to our BDC people and myself and our lead management system, then I answer the lead from phone after hours and it goes straight back to OneSource. Cut the time in half, and eliminated any problems.

You may want to reverse how you are handling your leads till your ILM can correct the problem, if it is thier problem. I am not sure if you know, OneSource had some major issues in last 2 weeks.

First, they ran out of space on their servers and couldn’t accept email, unbelievable! This screwed up all the times and responses! Then they had a problem with the lead response times even after the server issues, we went from under an hour to 4 hours over night?? They acknowledged this issue and they say it has been corrected, but I don’t have much confidence. Third, we are seeing leads not getting delivered to us, latest was Tue at 2:20am! I answered leads at 1am and 3am that made it into the OneSource system, so I know it wasnt on my end! So watch out for those issues.

My confidence in the OneSource system is not great, they have a lot of issues, and if they are going to tighten it up even more so they have more control and say, that is going to be a problem for many dealers.

As much as I would like to comment, the vendors signed agreements which contained a "Confidentiality of Information" clause. As such, we can not share information relating to the topic.

except now we know the topic exists. Thanks :)

When are you going live with our system? Is it still in setup waiting for install?

Yeah, waiting til april for budgetary concerns.

My confidence in the OneSource system is not great, they have a lot of issues, and if they are going to tighten it up even more so they have more control and say, that is going to be a problem for many dealers.

You know, I guess I'm just hoping that in my particular situation it's not GM's fault because don't want the runaround when i ask them to fix it. At least with a company who gets a check from me every month I have a few more cards in my deck.

Last edited:
Nissan's IQI program actually reviews the content of the replies to selected leads and they grade the dealership based on this. They actually get reporting directly from the CRM tool you use. They do a have list of CRM tool that work with the Nissan program.

For right now, Nissan only review the content on two test leads per quarter but the dealership never really know when these leads are coming or who they will be from. I think they have the ability to get more information from the CRM co0mpany without contacting the Dealers.

Nissan uses this to determine if you can get leads or even be listed with a link on Nissanusa. They also use this to help determine the cost of the leads you can get from them.

It's not so bad but it sounds like what you are saying GM will be moving to.

You know, I guess I'm just hoping that in my particular situation it's not GM's fault because don't want the runaround when i ask them to fix it. At least with a company who gets a check from me every month I have a few more cards in my deck.

Unless you got a secrete, your dealership does write GM several checks every month, and one much larger than any ILM or CRM company!! It is a shame they cannot fathom that the dealers are their customer and they treat us the way they want us to treat our customers! Not all is bad, we have some great reps that do help us a lot, but those guys are just messangers and can only run things up the flag pole!

I use the GM Lead Management tool and for the past two days we have had leads come in without any email notifications. I also have trouble at night logging in from time to time and I called to let GM CID know there was an issue. The Tech first denied it was an issue he had heard of then later sent me an email to let me know it was a known issue that they are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.