• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GMB now including listings

You can now get your live inventory hosted on your Google My Business page. Anyone using it, seen any success?
Hey Colin - there are only a few approved vendors who are able to add the inventory "Cars" tab to GMB. They are asking for outrageous money to basically set up an API! ($500/month) You would be much better served to optimize your Google My Business listing each month with posts that include keyword querys that people are likely to use to find the dealership. Ie - Toyota Camry near me, Toyota Camry for sale (sorry - don't know your OEM :)

Reactions: DrewAment
there are only a few approved vendors who are able to add the inventory "Cars" tab to GMB. They are asking for outrageous money to basically set up an API! ($500/month)

If your existing SEM or SEO vender is "approved" by Google - and asking for outrageous money - I would get new venders. I know a few that are including it as a value add.

Reactions: GerryFoster
Still in "beta" - as most google products. They think the process is so linear, when it is not. The jury is out on whether it will increase VDPs -- would you rather want your customer on a GMB VIN info page that you have little/no control over? Or your website VDP? Seems like it just adds another click for the customer. Lastly, it doesn't allow for promotion/specials.

Google wasn't happy with dealer mobile websites, and this was the solution. Remember, this only shows up on MOBILE (for now)

And lastly -- remember that your GMB primarily (I have heard over 90%) shows up only when someone searches your DEALER NAME. Dealer name searches are better off on our website.

I would say we just keep a close eye on it, and the reporting that will be coming out of it. The initial stats from a few dealers - decrease VDP traffic from mobile devices.