• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Chrome Browser

But that is a shrinking 40% - down from about 70% in 2007 / 2008. My ass isn't getting kissed as fervently as it once was.:lol:

Oh Baloney! If I can figure-out how to paste a screen shot on this God-Forsaken POS Mac, I have facts and figures too:

Screen Shot 2012-01-02 at 10.27.29 PM.jpg

That's a full year of one site at 57% IE. Next closest is Safari at almost 16%. These analytics are a "round" representation of OEM's, albeit in an older community.

Any way you slice it, IE is gonna be around HALF of the market.

BIG FRIGGIN MARKET! That's dominance, no matter which way your arrow is pointing.

I just pulled analytics for our website.

For the past 30 days (12/3/11-1/2/12): IE 68.97%, Safari 14.41%, Firefox 8.04%, Chrome 7.09%.

For the same 30-day period a year prior (12/3/10-1/2/11): IE 73.15%, Safari 11.51%, Firefox 10.66%, Chrome 4.08%.

If I were clever, I'd set up a page with a special bug to discount internally-generated visits (I'm sure my Mac and their PCs skew the numbers), but we haven't gotten that clever yet. Either way, I'd be nuts to build something IE-specific these days.

If I were clever, I'd set up a page with a special bug to discount internally-generated visits (I'm sure my Mac and their PCs skew the numbers), but we haven't gotten that clever yet. Either way, I'd be nuts to build something IE-specific these days.

If you are using GA, you should set up IP filters to remove your dealership's IP's from the analytics reporting. Make sure to get all of your sales people who regularly visit your site to send you their home IP's as well... Then get the IP's for all the ipads and iphones running around... Takes a bit of work, but provides you with clean and actionable data... Especially nice for threads like this.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are using GA, you should set up IP filters to remove your dealership's IP's from the analytics reporting. Make sure to get all of your sales people who regularly visit your site to send you their home IP's as well... Then get the IP's for all the ipads and iphones running around... Takes a bit of work, but provides you with clean and actionable data... Especially nice for threads like this.
This would imply that all their IPs were static, or that our salesmen knew what an IP was (or how to determine theirs without me standing over their shoulder). It's on my list, but it's waaaaaaay down the list below bigger fish to fry.

Reactions: Alexander Lau