• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Review Problems - My dealer group's reviews are getting mixed up - HELP!!

SeanWoodruff

Bone King
May 14, 2011
First Name
Sean
My dealer group's reviews and content are getting all mixed up on Google. Everything was fine until about a week or so ago. We have Ford, Honda, Hyundai, a Pre-Owned site, and a main Autofair.com site, and for some reason just recently all the reviews, content, and addresses on Google have been appearing on each other's pages.

The Ford store is ok. Here

The Honda store page is showing reviews and content from the main Autofair page. Here

The Hyundai page is showing content and reviews from what was Honda's page. Here

And the main Autofair page is showing Honda's address, but the rest of it looks ok. Here

Everything was fine until a week or so ago and now everything is allllll mixed up.

Anybody seen this happen? Any insight? Helpful advice?? It is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks ahead of time.

1. Delete your main Autofair Google page. It does nothing but confuse Google. Autofair is not a separate place of business, It is a parent company; it doesn't need its own Google page because it's not a separate "place" of business.

2. I would fix your categories and "from the owner" messages. You probably won't be able to get an answer of why this happened...."was it the chicken or egg?". Long story short, Change them back and hope that it was a onetime thing.

On your Honda page:
You need to add "Honda Dealer" in categories
You need to take the word "Hyundai" and "Ford" out of the from the owner message:
Used Honda, Hyundai, and Ford car and truck dealership serving the greater Manchester NH area - From the owner

On your Hyundai page:
You need to delete "Honda Dealer" as a category
You need to delete the Photos "from the owner" that are linked to the Honda page but on this page
You need to delete the "from the owner" message:
Automotive Sales group specializing in Honda. - From the owner

Honorary mention: Your Ford store is the only one that doesn't have a tracking phone number on its place page, maybe which affects it.

I just went through something like this. It was a 6 month ordeal. Frankly I’m tired of talking about Google places after that. It got to the point where my reviews where the only thing preventing me from blowing up all 3 of my place pages and starting over.

I would match up Each dealerships phone numbers and address across everything until it's fixed (Dealer Rater, yahoo, autotrader, cars.com and Google places). The only reason mine are still different, one day I changed a phone number on autotrader and dealerrater and that fixed everything. I vowed to not touch anything unless it was broken again. I hope that helps.

I guess the cat's out of the bag on our new dash tool... I can't promise you anything Sean, but let me try to get you in on the soft launch. This scenario is one of the reasons we developed the tool.

Blake has you on the right path either way. I didn't look at all of your pages, but I'm guessing that this is a NAP issue. NAP (Name Address Phone) is crucial to Places pages functioning correctly. Remember that they are not a static page, they are a cluster of data Google scrapes from lots of different listings across the web. Ideally, every listing for your business has the same NAP verbatim. If half your listings have you on "Fair Parkway," half your listings have you on "Fair Pkwy" and the third half have you on something entirely different you have more than just a problem with your math ;)

Google reviews are associated to a Cluster ID. When the Cluster ID changes due to info Google scraped that causes a change to your Place Page it causes reviews to go to oblivion too until they can reconcile the cluster Id's.

The tool we released does a lot of stuff, but it also takes care of the hard part of finding out how you are listed and where so that you can avoid this problem.

I'll get in touch with you later today Sean...

It could also be that there is no explanation for your problems and just a hiccup in Google's system.
My own reviews showed a few weeks ago up to 334! when I just have less than a dozen in Google and 50+ in my own review site (as a vendor my reviews are few). Then it all when back to normal...
Reach out to Brian Pash or at least READ his blog or postings on ADM, he talks often about this problem.