Got any project cars?

• 2007 Lincoln Mark LT is the current one

Bought the Lincoln with the dreaded 5.4L tick from the left cam for 40% of book. I think it has a lifter issue and will be either replacing the engine or doing some hefty parts replacements under the hood. I hope to have it ready for mods and mountain duty before March.

I just dodged a bullet. Once we got the Mark LT on the lift to begin the engine work we discovered some very-well covered-up frame repair. As Vermont does not allow frame damaged vehicles to be state inspected and the dealer I bought it from state inspected the truck, that dealer was all too happy to buy it back for me with some extra money for my aggravation.

So, I'm on the hunt for the family pickup truck. F250, F350, Mark LTs are on the shopping list.

I just dodged a bullet. Once we got the Mark LT on the lift to begin the engine work we discovered some very-well covered-up frame repair. As Vermont does not allow frame damaged vehicles to be state inspected and the dealer I bought it from state inspected the truck, that dealer was all too happy to buy it back for me with some extra money for my aggravation.

So, I'm on the hunt for the family pickup truck. F250, F350, Mark LTs are on the shopping list.

Dude - that bites the big one. It sure showed nice. Now you get to have the fun searching for another.

Good post! My cash depletion device (aka project car) is my current 1999 Land Rover Discovery 2. Bought for our son's 16th birthday at $3,500, I am now the primary driver of the vehicle.
We've now had it for a little over two years and I love this thing. Yes, it leaks like an old Harley, yes the dashboard looks like a Christmas Tree, and yes, it smells like a burnt cat.
But! It's a beast in the snow here in CO. It's a 7psgr, we have fit 12 in it during ski transports back and forth to the gondola.

Attachments

• LRD2.JPG
    LRD2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Alex Snyder
Dude - that bites the big one. It sure showed nice. Now you get to have the fun searching for another.

The search ended on a rust-free 2005 F350 with the 6.0 Powerstroke bulletproofed and fully deleted. It was a show truck (albeit a redneck show truck) that the prior owner dyno'd at just under 400 hp and a tad over 700 lbs torque. Hitting the gas pedal is fuuuuuuuun! And that turbo whine...

So far, I have switched from 37x13.50 R20 -44 offset wheels/tires to some 35x12 R17 -18 offset wheels/tires. Put some running boards on that a civilized person can use and have been concentrating on changing out fluids to get a fresh start with everything. At some point, I'm going to take the 4.5" lift off and go with a 2" setup.

Now, we only need to move the wife over to a diesel SUV and all vehicles will be diesel. Been looking for a reason to get diesel deliveries to the house for all the tractors. #countrylivin

I need to get a photo of it now, but here it was before I bought it.

IMG_1647.jpeg

In case you're wondering... "Alex WTF? That's an awfully big truck for someone who makes software." There are two things this truck also does: we have a 1/4 mile driveway that can only be driven by 4x4s 6 months out of the year. And it also helps the furniture-making cause. The one that starts with trees, then they get pulled out of the woods with the real project vehicle:

IMG_0509.jpeg

To feed this monster:

IMG_0835.jpeg

To season for a year before entering the chamber of sawdust:

IMG_0884.jpeg

Reactions: craigh