• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Grammer - Spelling etc..

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I am curious to know how many have received a auto response or price quote from your competitor and there are grammer errors (run on sentence) or mispelled words or exclaimations points !!!!!!! OR CAPITOLIZED words to try and GET the point accross.

I see grammar mistakes all the time. Even emails from the GENERAL sales manager !!!! lol...

How many make an effort to read your own templates and fine tune what's written ?

I personally have a lot of eBay experience . eBay is incredible when is comes to rules of grammer and spelling. Bullet points are suggested with all of your listings. Proper Grammer and spelling are a huge must do ... It's easy for google not to find you if you use dashes-exclaimations or anything that a computer would not be programmed to look for. Remember that computers are computers, they search for words that are spelled correctly. I worked for company called Shaefer and Strohminger.
Look at this webpage Please wait... .. This is one of the worst I have found. From what I have learned, google doesn't recognize how they have their name spelled.

So, that's my rant... or should I say RANT !!!!

Focking A' on that site you posted. Everytime I went to close the coupon it took me into it....and it pissed me off because I have everything set to open in a new tab, so it resizes my entire browser. << speaking of run-on's :lol:

I couldn't look at much more because I kept hitting that stupid close button on the eAutoSavings coupon. We used to have a DealerOn site, so I am very familiar with the inner workings. I think that dealer has gotten a little carried away with everything DealerOn offers.

As for spelling and grammar - I like some mistakes here and there! I encourage my people to use the spell checker, but slip in the occassinal typo so people know they're really dealing with a human being. In our marketplace there are so many automatic template emails being sent that I think someone is relieved to see the last email came from a real person.

For example: I mystery shopped a few of our competitors on Honda's and Toyota's to receive (with each inquiry) a total of 3 emails and a phone call from one competitor in a 4 hour period. Another 4 emails and 3 voicemails in a 6 hour period from another competitor. Only 1 of those 7 emails came from a real person while the rest were obviously canned - so obvious that you'd have to be an idiot not to catch it. Based on those same inquiries I still receive at least 2 emails per day - all junk - mostly BZ video clips that are all super generic. It is so much that I've taken a new perspective on the value of typos.