• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Grant Cardone Uses Contest Burner

Apr 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to Grant for jumping on this. I wonder if we was reading your Post here on DealerRefresh?

My only issue at this point is - Grant has gotten a little spammy on his twitter account. So much so I basically ignore his feed. It's over automated and he has yet to answer any direct message. :( Makes me sad.

Great instructional video!!

Jeff,

I'm guessing someone caught wind on the blog. Apparently there is a lot of Social Media companies reaching out to B2B accounts and charging a tonne of moola to do this for them.

Contest Burner plugin $150.00
Wordpress : free

Social Media Hosers: priceless.

I'd like to take this one for DealerRefresh , I'm going to do a video and post where Contest Burner came from aka - DealerRefresh Blog

Cheers. Thanks for the help from everyone on here.

Kudos to Grant for jumping on this. I wonder if we was reading your Post here on DealerRefresh?

My only issue at this point is - Grant has gotten a little spammy on his twitter account. So much so I basically ignore his feed. It's over automated and he has yet to answer any direct message. :( Makes me sad.

Great instructional video!!

I think Grant could do some damage with his personality if he found the time to manage his own Twitter account.

Sorry to hog the thread but this is the guy who's tailing me. I checked his YouTube Page and he works for Grant. DealerRefresh I joined this contest for the hell of it but now I really want to pumble;

2nd place: Cardone Employee (do not know this for sure)
3rd place: Social Media company with 20000 twitter followers (and following 20000). Below is the video the Grant employee posted (I don't know that for sure but his website said Grant Cardone, Grant Cardone.com Sales Performance, Selling Solutions, Sales Motivation, Sales Results and now has been changed to something else).

to vote for the Canadian click this link and drop your email : Grant Cardone Contest – $10,000 at GC store, iPad, and more! | Grant Cardone's Success Blog

Here is my competition:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see rolling out contest marketing as a value to dealers. Grant Cardone, maybe. After all, he's getting a stronger following/hype/press for a very minimal investment. I actually think it's funny that he's touted himself a social media leader.

Contests are about reach and brand. 95% of the participants are only after the prize, and not what you have to sell. The acrobatics of following, and liking, etc. to win a prize for dealers could easily go beyond your local market, where they'll lose influence.

I've also learned, the harder you make it ... the less people will engage. Unless it's for a vacation, a car, or and substantial amount of cash. Dealers can do that--but as long as they can keep it within their locality of influence. Tweeting to Aunt Martha is Schenectady isn't going to help a dealer in Atlanta.

David,

I like Grant's enthusiasm HOWEVER, you need to pick the right prize for your target market. Also you can make these contests a random draw which encourage people to join even if they have little points or late in the game.

Brendan Wenzel in Costa rica (I referred to in the original DealerRefresh post) kills it with his contests. He has told me personally that a $35 hat contest scored him 2 new website clients and 300 opt ins on his newsletter.

A car dealership could simply run a contest like free oil changes for a year or something minimal.

I stand firm that the right prizes and marketing could score a dealer some business AND new fans and followers.

AM I CRAZY DR?? WILL CONTEST MARKETING NOT WORK FOR CAR DEALERS:dunno:

For a vendor, I think it's worth the effort. Like what MB Motorsports does is ideal -- because it's ongoing, there's minimal effort as a user and it drives the winner into the dealership.

I've met many automotive trainers, and they are so only interested in what's hot, and what will make them money that it's often insincere. Grant will achieve in his objectives, but what he's doing is not going to work for dealers. I see it as ... "You send me a $1, and I'll tell you how to be rich." The answer is, ask 1,000,000 people to send you a $1.

Here's a whole suite of FB apps that are well worth the $19 a month that you might consider about blogging about. Powerfully Simple Facebook Applications | North Social I'm sure you'll be able to find many ways on how each app can help with a dealer's social media strategy. There are sweepstakes, group couponing, video players, photo galleries, maps, landing pages ... and so on.