PR & News Help us Work with DHS to #AllowSafeAutoSales

jwittler

Full Sticker
Mar 20, 2020
First Name
Jacob
Hello friends. Jacob from Cars.com here. Yesterday, Cars.com, Dealer Inspire and DealerRater joined the fight to advocate for indy and franchise dealerships to be permitted to sell and lease vehicles to support the rest of critical infrastructure during this time. We believe this can be done responsibly and safely through remote and digital or in-person practices with social distancing requirements in place. But it will take all of us to make this happen. We need 10,000 dealer signatures by close of business TODAY as the government will be deciding as early as FRIDAY, MARCH 27 whether to include local dealer sales and leasing as “Essential Businesses.” Have your voices heard by signing a petition here: https://growwithcars.com/keepautoopen/ #allowsafeautosales #keepautoopen

An update on this front: we secured over 3000 signatures from dealerships across the country in the first 24 hours of the petition being live, and are continuing to collect through today. Each petition automates a letter the DHS in advance of them making their decision. Appreciate the help of the Refresh community in spreading the word! https://growwithcars.com/keepautoopen/

@jwittler Thanks to you and the team at Cars for leading this effort. Did/Would you consider adding the ability for ancillary service providers to the industry to be included? I think many of the vendors in our space that rely on their dealer partners staying open would participate if given the opportunity.

Just a thought and again, glad you are doing this.

Reactions: GrantG
@jwittler Thanks to you and the team at Cars for leading this effort. Did/Would you consider adding the ability for ancillary service providers to the industry to be included? I think many of the vendors in our space that rely on their dealer partners staying open would participate if given the opportunity.

Just a thought and again, glad you are doing this.
Hey Ryan, great thought! Taking back to my team now to see what we can do there.

Reactions: ryan.leslie