• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Higher Gear CRM On The Way Out?

Baron Ringler

Hat Trick
Jul 6, 2010
First Name
Baron
I am hearing little birdies chirp, from multiple sources, that Higher Gear may be going out the door. Does anyone have more solid information? I'd hate to be left holding the bag if something were to happen and we lose all our data because it can't be transferred. Any information would be much appreciated.

I have not heard specifically, no. The following is just an opinion, so take it with a grain of salt:

The older single-use solutions, if not gobbled-up/merged with another company, have no choice but to sell or fold. Maintaining older technology becomes quite cumbersome, and re-platforming/upgrading even moreso. Imagine needing to build a modern high-rise over a single-family home built in 1971.

On the horizon is a new wave of solutions being built with today's tech solving today's problems that are still, for the most part, unknown. 100% of the innovation in the space will come from these new entities, while the big few do their best to maintain their market share one quick-win bandaid at a time, and the bit players who stayed at the dance too long will simply tucker out.

Sad, but true and inevitable.