• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HigherGear problems?

It's only a matter of time before these antiquated systems over are taken by the stronger CRM programs out there.

And YES we hear it all the time (and it holds truth), any CRM can work for a dealer given they work it into their process. BUT as technology evolves and a dealers livelihood depends more and more on "True" CRM technology, just having a process matched up with an antiquated CRM will not be sufficient.

I used Higher Gear for a year, it had it's positives (very few) but it's antiquated and the code it's written on will prevent it from ever being anymore than what it is today.

Just my opinion.

I do feel bad for their employees if the rumors are true. I hate to see anyone loose their job.

:2cents:

I think this will be an industry wide trend. Lower New Car Sales = Less Manufacturers = Less Dealers = Less Vendors. Just as we are seeing the "right sizing" of Auto Manufacturer's and Dealer body in the US, I think it is just a natural flow to see the "right sizing" of the sea of vendors that exist. I hope the level of service and innovation does not drop as the number of vendors decreases.

The problem is some CRM vendors cut all of their R&D budget so they aren't enhancing the products anymore. So they become scheduled for planned obsolescence.

When companies stop being innovative, other companies step in to take their place.