• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you collect emails in bulk?

Jan 17, 2022
First Name
Roman
How do you collect emails of employees in target positions in bulk? I've used apps and extensions like Email Hunter and similar, but they take a lot of time for each potential lead.
I also found a company providing customized B2B email lists Gethrough Custom Mailing Lists
Seems good but would like to hear your opinions. Maybe resource sites or buying bulk email lists is the best option?

How do you collect emails of employees in target positions in bulk? I've used apps and extensions like Email Hunter and similar, but they take a lot of time for each potential lead.
I also found a company providing customized B2B email lists Gethrough Custom Mailing Lists
Seems good but would like to hear your opinions. Maybe resource sites or buying bulk email lists is the best option?
Romand:

What kind of bulk information are you looking for? There are a couple of options with just information that I see right now off of your post...

1. You mentioned Hunter.io, this is a great platform. I ceased using it however as their API (fancy jargon for a pathway that allows two technologies to speak to one another) is no longer supported by LinkedIn. Thus, I now use Snov.io.
    1. Snov.io: this company has a variety of tools for use. In particular, as it pertains to your post, it could be worthy to check their email finder, and as hyperlinked here: https://snov.io/email-finder
    2. For those not familiar of Hunter.io or Snov.io, both tools identify emails based off of a domain name. If 'John,' the owner of 'DealerRefresh' has a registered email with his website, 'DealerRefresh.com,' it will likely find it. Further, it will inform the end-user (you) of 'DealerRefresh.com' email format. For example, is John's email [email protected] or [email protected]?
    3. Snov.io has a variety of free trial options, which I have used extensively. I have never paid for any credits, etc and use the Chrome Extension.
  2. PhantomHunter: this is a platform that has a variety of what I like to call, 'growth-hacking' options. A dealer could grow his or her social media, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and so-forth. PhantomBuster has what are known as 'bots,' that provide 'engagement' which could better a dealer's online presence.
    1. In particular for this post, PhantomBuster has an email extractor and a data extractor. What does this mean? Essentially, you can download all information needed (social media, phone number, emails, address, etc.) off of any domain, LinkedIn, and in some cases, Instagram where such Instagram user has publicly provided their contact information within a 'call-to-action' button. This is different from the above Snov.io as PhantomHunter provides more fields of data. Below is the link to PhantomBuster, no credit card needed and offers a 14-day trial:
      https://phantombuster.com/phantombuster?category=mail
    2. NOTE: I have used their free trial and have never paid However, I would truly caution anybody that is unfamiliar with data points from using PhantomBuster. Though PhantomBuster provides very helpful instructions, well-curated hand holding guides, the tools at PhantomBuster do require script knowledge. I would also encourage anyone to have an external monitor as you will be going back and forth between Excel/Google Sheets and other inputs of data. The juice, however, is worth the squeeze.
Though it might not necessarily pertain to you as a dealer, I did want to give a shoutout to, 'Outscraper,' for Google Maps. I must be safe, acknowledge that I am a Grow with Google Volunteer and do not have any remote benefit of posting about Outscraper, or any product mentioned in this post. However, Outscraper allows for those to find leads [emails, etc.] based off of Google Map inquiries (dealers near me, restaurants in new york, etc). I take back that it might not relate...it could for fleet purposes if your dealer participates as a fleet dealer.