• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How many of your store numbers are flagged for Scam/Spam?

Dan Sayer

Boss
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I'm using Dealer Identity for our number scrubbing. Jake and team found that out of 707 numbers, we had 161 show up on Spam/Scam lists! Those include our own ported lines, DIDs, and vendor lines (Volie) that we use for outbound campaigns. They were all fixed and then had another 2 pop flags in July that are also now fixed. This is an ongoing battle. If your outbound contact rate isn't good, maybe you're showing up with a Scam/Spam flags to shoppers/customers. The only way we would find these prior is if a customer actually called back and told us they didn't answer because we showed up as Spam/Scam. High volume calling from a single number with a short connection or no connection will generate a flag pretty quick these days.

I would recommend you find a service and start managing your numbers ongoing if you aren't already. Like I said, we use www.dealeridentity.com but if you're a do-it-yourselfer, www.numberverifier.com is a good one.

Also, I started following this blog. https://www.blacklistalliance.com/ The predatory litigation is ramping up on call compliance, even single instances (not robo-dialing) so stay frosty out there!

Thanks for brining some more awareness around this. I believe it's a bigger issue than most are aware of.

I'd would love to host someone, either in the tele-business or someone that has a deep understanding of the issues and technology, on a RefreshFriday webcast. Anyone know of someone that would be a good fit?

Reactions: joe.webb
@todd.smith has always seemed to have his pulse on the latest TCPA items. Jake Davis (son of Scott Davis of Volie) with Dealer Identity is a great presenter and is knowledgable about the space and his particular niche with dealerships and phone flagging. The complexity of steps to manually remove a flag from a single number is mind-numbing as a dealer. I just don't see us managing the volume of numbers we use in-house.

I think the largest group of clueless users in our industry are the vendors who have their sales teams using personal cell phones or proxy numbers. I answer every Spam/Scam call I get because 90% of the time, no joke, it is a vendor that I either have a relationship with or one that I wouldn't mind speaking with. I guarantee that most vendors in our space aren't managing their own numbers and probably just keep flipping out proxy numbers when they get flagged.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Nearly every dealer who calls me shows as ”potential spam” by my YouMail app. This is when they call from the store‘s line. Lately, my kids’ schools are being blocked as spam by my iPhone. I think this is due to all the robo-calling they do.

Admittedly, I like these services because more than 90% of my inbound calls are scams or surveys. Leave me a voicemail and I will call back.

Thanks for sharing your experience and recommendations! It's crucial to manage number scrubbing effectively, especially with the increasing scrutiny on call compliance. Dealer Identity seems like a valuable tool for this, and I'll definitely check out the resources you mentioned. Keeping up with evolving regulations is essential in the outbound calling space. Appreciate the insights!

Thanks for brining some more awareness around this. I believe it's a bigger issue than most are aware of.

I'd would love to host someone, either in the tele-business or someone that has a deep understanding of the issues and technology, on a RefreshFriday webcast. Anyone know of someone that would be a good fit?
Jeff if you set this up please ping me I would like to join that webcast! There are a ton of companies offering remedial and trusted branding services and the price gaps are huge! Contact Center Compliance | Do Not Call Compliance