• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How to Add Inventory or Web Sites to your Facebook Fan Page

This is the part driving me nuts. If I go to my personal page I can ad the FBML app, no problem. Log into the Dealerships page and the option to add the app is not available, I can only add it to the favorites...

If you're a Page Admin of your dealership's page, you should be able to go to the actual APP'S PAGE then, under its logo on the top left, you should see an option that says "Add to Page".

That option might not be there IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ADDED IT (and just don't know)

Go into where you edit your page and scroll down and look for Static FBML under the applications. Once Static FBML is renamed, it will show whatever name it was given on the Tab (so, in my example, it would say My Inventory - FBML) The little icon for the app looks like a grey square box with two arrows inside of it pointing away from each other.

Check it out and see if it's there already, maybe someone added it once to use it for something else. Don't worry, if it's already there, you can add another one from within the existing app. Just click on "edit" for the FBML app and all the way on the bottom it will say "add another FBML box"

Last edited:
Did you create the application? If so, in your application set up screen there should be an option to allow the app to be displayed on Personal Pages and/or Fan Pages. By default Fan pages is not selected.

If you're trying to add the static FBML tab to your Page you must be logged into the account that administrates that Page and go here:

Static FBML App Page

Don't you see "Add to my Page" at the top left under the avatar?
Click that and choose the Page you want to manipulate.

Let me know if that answers your question.

If you're a Page Admin of your dealership's page, you should be able to go to the actual APP'S PAGE then, under its logo on the top left, you should see an option that says "Add to Page".

That option might not be there IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ADDED IT (and just don't know)

Go into where you edit your page and scroll down and look for Static FBML under the applications. Once Static FBML is renamed, it will show whatever name it was given on the Tab (so, in my example, it would say My Inventory - FBML) The little icon for the app looks like a grey square box with two arrows inside of it pointing away from each other.

Check it out and see if it's there already, maybe someone added it once to use it for something else. Don't worry, if it's already there, you can add another one from within the existing app. Just click on "edit" for the FBML app and all the way on the bottom it will say "add another FBML box"

Arnold you may be quicker to respond but your Avatar doesn't quite exude the level of professionalism that mine does. :lol:

Don't you see "Add to my Page" at the top left under the avatar?
Click that and choose the Page you want to manipulate.

Let me know if that answers your question.

I am logged in under admin. This is what I get:

picture_8.jpg

And finally added an avitar...

Last edited:
It looks like its already added to your page. When you go to your profile and on the left side click "Ads and Pages" you'll see a list of all your fan pages, if you click "Edit" from there you should see the Static FBML app listed amongst your other apps. If its there you can edit the code right there and add it to your fan page like you would any other tab.

but on second look, the "Create Your Profile" link in the top right of your screen shot leads me to believe something isnt set up. Whats your fan page URL?

by the way, Hey Mark! :hello:

We ended up going a different route. We are using the same application being talked about here simply to push whatever message we're trying to get out: Checkered Flag Auto Group This Weekend! | Facebook - after this coming weekend we will change the message again.

Then, we went with Brian Pasch's CarPort app to get our inventory into a separate tab: Checkered Flag Auto Group View Cars | Facebook

Yes, the original FBML app being discussed here is free and very easy to setup. However, we wanted to continue a network of inventory sites and every link helps to push that network. Plus, I've been getting concerned because Brent's inventory only works about 30% of the time when I visit his facebook page that is using the FBML app to display inventory.