• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How To Lynch Other Dealers Fake Places Accounts???

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
I've got our competing Ford store in town with 2 fake places accounts for their dealership. The accounts all have the same physical address. It wasn't as if they where smart enough to annex their building to have multiple addresses, which would allow them to legitimately put 3 listings out there, as some automall's do.

I've been reporting them as a problem constantly and it's been a year or so now. without a change. Does anyone know a good solution? Especially if it has a deeper impact then just getting that listing removed...:chainsaw: I want to google slap them IN THA FACE! :rocket:

You can't. Simple enough. You can report the problem but unless it's serious.. Google rarely looks into the problem and takes action. You'll get a response back but that's about it. They are supposed to punish the places accounts and remove them and de-list them, or that's what every "insider" says, but it's not true. You could have 2+ places for the same location and Google is not going to a do a thing about it. Unless you're SPAM or involved in a legal issue, Google doesn't have time.