• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I am a salesperson and I need your help

Hello to you,

I am a salesperson who has struggled finding qualified leads. Today I am reliant upon foot traffic, phone calls and internet leads.

We have a good inventory of hundreds of vehicles. Few people use the CRM, almost none as much as I do. I have some flexibility to "market" vehicles on the internet but have no marketing budget.

We use Eleads as our CRM. I am trying to mine our CRM for old customers who are not attached to a current salesperson.

Two questions to start:
What do you recommend I do to generate qualified leads?
Is there any service that will find me buyers who will take a cut of the deal if I can close them?

Thank you
If you are using E-lead ask for access to Gold Digger…Once you get access get a tutorial on it in E-Lead University…That should help you quite a bit..

If you are using E-lead ask for access to Gold Digger…Once you get access get a tutorial on it in E-Lead University…That should help you quite a bit..
Hello Todd,

Enjoyed your presentation last week. Question: Nobody seems to be using the gold digger tool at our dealership. Is there a particular tool within it that I should propose getting access to?

Appreciate the help!

Hello Todd,

Enjoyed your presentation last week. Question: Nobody seems to be using the gold digger tool at our dealership. Is there a particular tool within it that I should propose getting access to?

Appreciate the help!
It's under the campaigns tab. The BDC manager or one of the sales managers should be able to fix you up. If not they probably didn't buy it.

1694814032192.png

I really appreciate all of you for your contributions. One of the challenges I have is this:

@chriscostner
>I don't feel as a salesperson you need to pay anyone to send you clients, dealerships pay
>enough for marketing to the store and have BDC's / Internet Departments to generate the
>showroom traffic from those sources. How do those customers get distributed to the sales
>floor in your dealership?

We have no rules.
Whoever gets to the phone first gets the phone up.
Whoever the Internet Manager likes best gets the internet lead.
Whoever gets the showroom up first gets the showroom lead.

So I am seeking other approaches such as trying to automate sending emails through the CRM (I had template access for a few weeks but a salesmanger thought I had to much power so he bumped me back down to no template access).

@Mico Silver
>You need to automate as much as possible

Today I am seeking a script to help me post to facebook marketplace, playing with python code on my day off.

Are there any prospectors who would send me qualified leads for a cut of the deal?
Shawn, please don't take this wrong because I have zero interest in somehow hurting you feelings or the like.

Based upon your comments, you are working in a store that has zero interest in creating a system or environment that has even a hint of organizational technology built into it. (Nobody uses CRM, No Rules for prospect distribution, whoever answers the phone or gets to the customer gets them). Your Service Manager won't so much as even consider sending you a prospective buyer.

What makes you think that this dealership is going to give you access to the information and support that you need in order to automate any type of posting or email automation? You have actually been given some really solid advice in here, but for whatever reason you feel uncomfortable with these ideas. You instead are trying to figure out how to get a line of code or an automated email to sell a car for you. That is fine, but you are in the wrong dealership to make that happen.

Take a strong look at your employer and what you think of them as a whole. Then take that look at yourself and what you think about how you fit into that dealership. You might be better off finding somewhere else to work. I don't see your skill set helping you in the environment you are currently working in.

Reactions: gavin.bannerinsite
It's under the campaigns tab. The BDC manager or one of the sales managers should be able to fix you up. If not they probably didn't buy it.

View attachment 8122
You are correct, they haven't bought it. I want to make the case they should let me use it and so I was wondering if there is one type of campaign that is particularly useful... so if I can convince them to allow it I will get useful results quickly.

Shawn, please don't take this wrong because I have zero interest in somehow hurting you feelings or the like.

Based upon your comments, you are working in a store that has zero interest in creating a system or environment that has even a hint of organizational technology built into it. (Nobody uses CRM, No Rules for prospect distribution, whoever answers the phone or gets to the customer gets them). Your Service Manager won't so much as even consider sending you a prospective buyer.

What makes you think that this dealership is going to give you access to the information and support that you need in order to automate any type of posting or email automation? You have actually been given some really solid advice in here, but for whatever reason you feel uncomfortable with these ideas. You instead are trying to figure out how to get a line of code or an automated email to sell a car for you. That is fine, but you are in the wrong dealership to make that happen.

Take a strong look at your employer and what you think of them as a whole. Then take that look at yourself and what you think about how you fit into that dealership. You might be better off finding somewhere else to work. I don't see your skill set helping you in the environment you are currently working in.

I agree with your assement. Please see this post:

Reactions: Tallcool1
You are correct, they haven't bought it. I want to make the case they should let me use it and so I was wondering if there is one type of campaign that is particularly useful... so if I can convince them to allow it I will get useful results quickly.
What brand do you work for? It's likely they have an equity mining solution already bought and paid for using CO-OP dollars to check a box for the factory and no one uses it. Verify before advocating for Gold Digger. If there isn't an equity piece in place then yes it is worth the few hundred bucks if you use it during downtime. If you have the self-discipline to make 10 contacts a day you will be top of the leaderboard in no time.

Just use a light touch when reaching out to previous customers. Their best decision-making led them to your store. Don't ruin it by being overly aggressive trying to set an appointment. Think of planting crops and watering them not harvesting, that will happen on its own. I will confess I canceled Gold Digger in favor of EquityIQ and paired it with Auto Alert for a potent 1-2 punch.

What brand do you work for? It's likely they have an equity mining solution already bought and paid for using CO-OP dollars to check a box for the factory and no one uses it. Verify before advocating for Gold Digger. If there isn't an equity piece in place then yes it is worth the few hundred bucks if you use it during downtime. If you have the self-discipline to make 10 contacts a day you will be top of the leaderboard in no time.

Just use a light touch when reaching out to previous customers. Their best decision-making led them to your store. Don't ruin it by being overly aggressive trying to set an appointment. Think of planting crops and watering them not harvesting, that will happen on its own. I will confess I canceled Gold Digger in favor of EquityIQ and paired it with Auto Alert for a potent 1-2 punch.
We have auto alert. I did sell a vehicle through it. I will dedicate more time to it, thank you for your insight.

Reactions: Tallcool1
Hello Ryan, I appreciate the follow up. I've been concentrating on trying to mine the CRM to find orphaned leads and that has taken a ton of my free time. I'm most interested in trying out these ideas and really appreciate the input and help from everyone who posted. Now I'm wondering about some software to post facebook ads to take advantage of our huge inventory, I see that as an untapped opportunity. I feel like I need more time in the day ;-) Thank you for checking on me!
wondering what DMS you are using?