• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I need some inventory photo advice.

Hi,

I’m with the product management team at CDMdata and CDM Dealer Services, sister companies to Kelley Blue Book and the lot service company Alex referenced in his post. I wanted to piggy back on Alex’s great list of tips with a few examples from our field staff taken at Jim Click Chrysler Jeep in Tucson, AZ. These show some of those best practices in action, such as framing the vehicle with just the right amount of space between the vehicle and the edge of the photo and positioning cars consistently. These photos also demonstrate how getting a little bit lower to the ground can give the vehicle a more heroic presence in the photo.

Jim Click Chrysler Jeep | Vehicle Details

Whether you go in house or use a service like ours, consistency is key not only for quality photos but for making the process repeatable and efficient. Greater efficiency allows you to take more photos and shoot more cars, which is increasingly important as shoppers (and thus more dealerships) want more original photos for both used AND new inventory. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Linda