• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I'm not a PC - joined the darkside!

I tried a Mac for awhile a few years ago and found that it just didn't work for all of the heavy Microsoft/IBM corporate applications I was using and logging into. They are very cool but I didn't see the benefit. In fact, the Mac was more of a hindrance than anything else. The iLife apps were cool, like iMovie and iPhoto. I bought a new Dell laptop a few months ago and beefed it up pretty good. It was less than a comparably equipped Mac and the battery life is AWESOME! It's a Latitude E6400.

Macs aren't perfect. My wife has one and we have some at work. They lock up and do stupid things just like PCs do. Most computer problems are issues with the software they run, not necessarily the hardware or operating system.

I have a new Latitude E5500 which is just like yours. I'm using it right now. I like it a lot as well! We originally bought the E6400 but didn't like the pointer and extra mouse buttons so we switched to the E5500s instead.

I too love the mac! I still have 4 pcs's but I use my imac the most. In a week or two I plan on getting the 17in macbook. I plan on running fusion or parallel with XP and using a second monitor at work. I will be able to run both operating systems at the same time. This is a big plus because most everybody needs to run windows apps and it is not boot camp so you can run them simultaneously. Has anyone used this setup? I hear is runs seamlessly...

I too love the mac! I still have 4 pcs's but I use my imac the most. In a week or two I plan on getting the 17in macbook. I plan on running fusion or parallel with XP and using a second monitor at work. I will be able to run both operating systems at the same time. This is a big plus because most everybody needs to run windows apps and it is not boot camp so you can run them simultaneously. Has anyone used this setup? I hear is runs seamlessly...

I know someone who has used Parallels and it worked well for him. VMWARE Fusion should also work very well. Our entire data center runs on VMWARE.

My IT Director says he setup a special VPN just for me and I should be getting that connection today. Then I can hook Entourage up with Exchange and install ADP's Websuite (inside VMWare/XP) and I should finally be all set for my work needs on the MBP. Yes, with Parallels or VMWare you can run WIndows inside OS-X. A buddy of mine uses Parallels and I use VMWare and we deliberately went two different routes to see which is better. The only thing that differentiates the two (for our uses - both car dealers) is that you can setup how many resources you want VMWare to use in Windows on the fly. I always run it in Unity mode so I can still use the native programs as I'm also using Windows.

That Apple 24" monitor is awesome. It really adds to the MBP eventhough you could run any monitor. I have a feeling Apple will be announcing a new 30" soon (maybe this week). I really want the 30" and hope they make the new one to work with the 15" MBP's video card.

My IT Director says he setup a special VPN just for me and I should be getting that connection today. Then I can hook Entourage up with Exchange and install ADP's Websuite (inside VMWare/XP) and I should finally be all set for my work needs on the MBP. Yes, with Parallels or VMWare you can run WIndows inside OS-X. A buddy of mine uses Parallels and I use VMWare and we deliberately went two different routes to see which is better. The only thing that differentiates the two (for our uses - both car dealers) is that you can setup how many resources you want VMWare to use in Windows on the fly. I always run it in Unity mode so I can still use the native programs as I'm also using Windows.

That Apple 24" monitor is awesome. It really adds to the MBP eventhough you could run any monitor. I have a feeling Apple will be announcing a new 30" soon (maybe this week). I really want the 30" and hope they make the new one to work with the 15" MBP's video card.

Thanks...

Yeah I have the 24in monitor at home...it rocks! Do any of you use the iweb program on the macs? I have been using it alot and have had some great success with it. If anyone needs help I can assist.

Here is a service page I designed for us. The part I designed is framed in between the header and footer. I have also created quite a few landing pages to go along with my PPC.

Service_Page

Silverado Landing Page

I've had my 17" macbook pro for a few months now and I'd never go back. It's worth the extra money and with Parallels im running Era link(reyrey DMS) our crm that only works in Explorer:rocket:, and im still using outlook 03... I should seriously swith that up but its tough after all these years.

Super impressed with the speed at which you can run heavy programs simultaneously. I've had no problem running 3 different Adobe programs, iMovie, safari, outlook, explorer and iTunes without any hesitations or lag between programs.... that alone is worth it. A few bugs here and there - mostly with me but I'd have to say that I love it and am replacing the home PC with an iMac shortly!:rip:PC

I'm the rebel in our stores, I run a 2009 rev. Mac Mini with 4 gb ram and there is little that it cannot do happily. Everyone asks where the computer is.... VM Fusion runs AutoBase and LMCC without a hitch.

You have to give credit where due, W7 does look and operate nicely.

Bill

I'm the rebel in our stores, I run a 2009 rev. Mac Mini with 4 gb ram and there is little that it cannot do happily. Everyone asks where the computer is.... VM Fusion runs AutoBase and LMCC without a hitch.

You have to give credit where due, W7 does look and operate nicely.

Bill

I think it is funny that all the people that buy a Mac then pay even more money for virtualization software and the Windows OS to install on their Macs...