• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

In today's market how do ISM's really track success?

I am new to the forums but I have a similar setup to danoneil. I manage 6 different dealerships housed under an autogroup. The dealerships are all in one location, or at least in spitting distance - but our ISM's are in one room at one of the dealerships. I made up a spreadsheet that has been evolving since I stepped foot in my role as Internet Director about 7 months ago.

I manually input in information regarding the sale that I receive from the "recap" after the sale (date, salesperson, customer, showroom, trade, gross, gross with holdback, back, lead source). All that information then populates in the other side of the spreadsheet.

I then enter my information I get from my CRM (# of leads per source, # of leads per salesperson, etc).

I then can see closing ratios, cost per lead, cost per sale, net per sale and quite a bit more. I will post up a screen shot if I can.

With 6 stores I had a to come up with a way to monitor everything and even though there is some manual input - it is the best way I can measure cost per lead, closing ratio, net per sale, etc. I have been happy with it so far - but it is ever changing.

EDIT: Removed Image

Marc - great spread sheet! I have seen a few people get in trouble for posting confidential stuff, so I removed it. If it is okay with your boss, post it back up. I just don't want to see anyone on DealerRefresh get in trouble when seeking help.

No problem on removing it. I removed all pertinent information on the sheet - but it has been a work in progress so we can keep it removed. If anyone wants to take a look I will be more than happy to share. Just PM me.

Our CRM is with Dynisis Systems (DADS). The problem with how it is setup currently is that the 6 stores don't "talk" to each other so I can get similar reports for all my individual stores - just not for the group.

Our CRM is with Dynisis Systems (DADS). The problem with how it is setup currently is that the 6 stores don't "talk" to each other so I can get similar reports for all my individual stores - just not for the group.

I am headed to a dealership later today that used to have DADS. I used to refer to it as "go daddy CRM." They have since replaced the DADS system and are quite happy with the more robust solution.

Had one of our DR readers IM me looking for HIPPO help. Bumping this thread so it's easy to find.

Create a road map to your store. Survey ALL your customers at delivery. Here is a brief outline of my efforts

Stephanie , I re-read your post and I am going to assume that your "sphere of influence" is greater than buying leads. if so, then your entire future is based on educating yourself and all around you just how important the Internet is to the ENTIRE operation, not just the "Internet Department".

1st, establish just how important the Internet is to the entire operation.

The million dollar question: How much potential is there? You need to establish a base line to measure from. 2 simple yet critical reports need to be made. Don't let simplicity fool you, these 2 reports have more power to move mountains than any other report I have come across.

Number One Report.

Create post-sale survey (example below). This report will show you (and management) that 80-95% of your buyers were on your home site before they bought. So? Management doesn't see the site as a "gateway" to the show room. This report makes this an undeniable fact. The quality of the info and tools at this showroom gateway either makes the phone ring or they move on.

How much potential is at this "gateway to the showroom"?

Number Two Report.

Using End of Month numbers, divide number of unique visitors to your website by number of sales. This report will show you that you only sell .5% to 1.5% of your dealership's website audience. In other wods, 99 walk and only one buy. Where did the other 99 visitors go?

These two reports will give you an idea on how much upside there is to "working your crowd". You'll need this to help justifying increasing the budget. It will also help you give you a focus on what stats can help you sell more cars.

Post Sale Survey:
A very short and simple one page survey, Multiple Choice answers, made mandatory at delivery. A few on my survey are:

• Have you bought from us before?
  • If yes, How many vehicles?
  • As best as you can recall, how long have you been looking for a new vehicle?
  • While you were car shopping, where did you get most of your ideas? (check all that apply)
  • How did you hear about us? (check all that apply)
  • Do you consider yourself a frequent internet user?
  • Did you visit internet automobile shopping sites? (please check all that apply)
  • Did you visit our website, ________.com?
  • How did you locate our website, ________.com?
  • Did you find ________.com helpful?
  • How can we make ________.com better?

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/how-much-change-will-i-see-190.html
http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/what-most-important-site-analytics-430.html