• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Lead routing by CRM or your own method?

We have our own (1) lead addresses (per dealer). And before being with a group I always excised this practice as well.

Something very simple and but often overlooked. This also provides and easy way to get an additional copy sent to your phone for backup. There are some CRM's that somehow, sometimes are not dependable enough to rely solely on their inbox for accuracy or speed of delivery.

I have been preaching this for YEARS (since the mid 90's when using the old MS SalesPoint), always use your own email address for leads and then have it forward/redirect to your CRM address - all for the reasons you pointed out Alex.

I also send an email to the the lead providers with something like:

Please change the lead email address for XXX Dealer to [email protected] in ADF/XML format only.

Leads should not be sent or cc'ed to any other email address, nor sent in any other format. Any changes need to be requested by myself or the General Manager on file for the store. Please note this request in our dealership file.

The second line makes sure that you don't have a salesman call up and say "please CC all leads to my personal address at [email protected]" - leave the store and now have all your leads being sent to his account.

--Drew