• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Latoya

SPAMMER
Mar 16, 2016
First Name
Latoya
Hello Everybody, I'm am about to join a beautiful online platform that will allow me to advertise my cars online and manage my inventory and CRM effectively and efficiently, therefore I need to upload my inventory in their system but I have over 800 vehicles to register.

Does anybody know of a technology that will help me export my whole inventory at once to their system?

Hi Latoya,

Your platform vendor sounds like it offers a 'complete' solution, give this problem to them. They should have an automated system that dials into your store's main computer (the DMS) and uploads your inventory daily.

HTH
Joe

Your dealership probably utilizes an inventory feed (in XML, CSV or TXT format) from the likes of HomeNet, DealerTrack, Auction123, DealerHosts, AutoUpLinkUSA, etc. You should be able to push / import this same feed into most 3rd party systems (just like what's pushed to places like AutoTrader, Cars.com, CarGurus, Edmunds, etc.) for syndication where leads are captured (point of it) and sent to your CRM (for BDC follow-up).

This 3rd party inventory listing application probably has what is known as an API. APIs are one of the most common ways technology companies integrate with each other.

I am doing something similar with Smart TVs (Roku for now, but Apple TV and Chromecast is coming). I work with most feeds, but don't have an API as of yet. *see my signature link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Latoya
Latoya,

I would agree with Alexander. If you currently have any type of feed system, HomeNet, DealerSocket you should be able to add your new solution to pick up the feed one time. Than if they are pushing those feeds out on their own to your 3rd party clients than you can just drop HomeNet or DealerSocket. I know HomeNet is the most popular that I have come across.

Just out of curiosity, what is your new complete everything solution?

Thank you so much for your time and helpful answers , finally they accepted to help with the import and yes Alexander you were right about the inventory feed! thank you so much!
And Rob the Solution i am using is DealersSolution all in one , i dont know in IOWA but here in New York , New Jersey many dealerships have started using it and i heard some positive things about it , i was impressed by all the features they offer!
sans-titre.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau