• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is Anyone using Store Visit Conversions In Google Adwords???

TRuLafF.png

Thanks @Alexander Lau for the dealerx link. I just checked out their website. I understand the concept of their product but.... To be honest, If I find out any of the 3rd party tools I use on any of our website's are selling our website visitor's anonymous Id's, I'm going to be extremely furious with that / those providers. Actually, the term "furious" is putting it very mildly. Here's a quote from their page explaining their "Conquest Tool".

https://dealerx.com/how-we-use-conq...ynamic-retargeting-to-sell-new-and-used-cars/

" Did you know the marketing dollars spent by your competitors can be used to your advantage? And, that the more money they spend, the better it is for your dealership? How? When organic and paid initiatives like TV, Radio, Direct Mail, eMail Blasts drive visitors to a dealership website they leave behind the equivalent of digital fingerprint.
Third parties who are “plugged-in” to dealership websites through offerings like chat, payment calculators and third party “piggyback tags” often act like Trojan horses. They compromise website security by selling the valuable customer browsing data out the back door for just pennies on the dollar. This data is then in a precarious position, and often ends up in the hands of your competitors.
We buy many of these in-market shoppers and their browsing data from 3rd party data brokers, sold as segments and leverage these segments exclusively for our clients.
"

The phrases "often act like Trojan horses" and "They compromise website security by selling the valuable customer browsing data out the back door for just pennies on the dollar." is extremely bothering to me!!

Reactions: Alexander Lau
We got approved for store visit conversions last Summer for a 5 location dealer group. Initially, I was frustrated by not having a way to validate the data. But as I started comparing the store visit conversion numbers to lead and phone call conversions over time, I started seeing some interesting patterns. I now feel just as confident with the accuracy of store visit tracking as I do for leads and phone calls to predict the same offline behavior.

Some interesting findings. . .
- While competitor terms convert very well to leads and phone calls, they convert very poorly to tracked store visits.
- Make/model-specific used vehicle terms convert to tracked store visits at about twice the rate as they convert to leads and phone calls. (Wow!)
- Generic used vehicle terms like "used cars under $10K" convert worse to tracked store visits than they do to leads and phone calls.

I'd love to weigh in on the attribution topic, but it's simply too big of a topic. It's an incredibly important one, though.

Some interesting findings. . .
- While competitor terms convert very well to leads and phone calls, they convert very poorly to tracked store visits.
- Make/model-specific used vehicle terms convert to tracked store visits at about twice the rate as they convert to leads and phone calls. (Wow!)
- Generic used vehicle terms like "used cars under $10K" convert worse to tracked store visits than they do to leads and phone calls.

That's exactly the Info I was searching for Miles!!! Thank you for your input!!

http://marketingland.com/googles-su...d-trust-adwords-estimated-store-visits-126491 looks like some of the larger stores have access to this data.

"Chatterjee hinted that the long-term plan is to integrate and automate store transactions measurement into AdWords, but that’s a ways off. Store visits data, meanwhile, is available to a larger set of retailers. With all the signals and ongoing machine learning that go into it, Chatterjee stresses, advertisers that have estimated store visits results in their accounts should have faith in the data."