• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is Cargurus taking my money and then competing with me?

I advise my clients to stay away from PPC provided by anyone who is also listing your inventory. You simply cannot serve two masters; and CarGurus, to their credit, has done a phenomenal job profiting from their offerings. (Check out their earnings compared to Cars.com, for example.)

Reactions: Alex Snyder
I advise my clients to stay away from PPC provided by anyone who is also listing your inventory. You simply cannot serve two masters; and CarGurus, to their credit, has done a phenomenal job profiting from their offerings. (Check out their earnings compared to Cars.com, for example.)

Completely agree Steve. Dealers need to understand why CG is going after the land grab: To create shareholder equity!

Spending your money to help drive more traffic back to a 3rd party site that creates an opportunity for shoppers to see the competition even faster is mind blowing for me.

Dealers continue to struggle with understanding how to optimize your own site to capture more leads.

Stop using legacy platforms when it’s been proven that your own site can attract and convert more shoppers for less money.

Reactions: Alex Snyder