• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is Wordpress better than the rest?

There's no question that they are successful.
We bet big on the fact that dealers wanted a drag and drop CMS and I'm still driving a Subaru to work every day.

I genuinely like what we ended up with, but the reality (as you said) is that the dominant portion of the market expects a vendor to do the work for them. Our clients that want to edit pages, building weekly landing pages and own their websites are happy. Those that have us manage their site don't know the difference between Glovebox and any Wordpress solution.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
There's no question that they are successful.
We bet big on the fact that dealers wanted a drag and drop CMS and I'm still driving a Subaru to work every day.

I genuinely like what we ended up with, but the reality (as you said) is that the dominant portion of the market expects a vendor to do the work for them. Our clients that want to edit pages, building weekly landing pages and own their websites are happy. Those that have us manage their site don't know the difference between Glovebox and any Wordpress solution.

That sucks, because your offering looks superb. Unfortunately, especially in auto, it comes down to connections (OEM-approval), bullsh*t, etc., when the fact is a tool like yours is far superior to those that own a ton of market share. At the end of the day, dealers just want something that is easy to use.

Reactions: craigh
WordPress powers millions of websites across the globe. It is the most popular content management system and the fact that it has a standard WordPress dashboard makes it a universal platform that can be effectively used by anyone. Its functionalities are easy to understand and it comes with a host of themes, tools and plugins, that aids in making a beautiful website