• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Klout + Twitter

Check this out. I am not sure exactly how Klout figures its score, but here is something interesting.
View attachment 685

My Klout score is 46, its down -0.25 in the last day. I tested how I get Klout and how much someone giving me Klout counts by having the dealerships Klout account give me Klout. And Ed Brooks gave me Klout in the last day. So if I got 3 +K in last 24 hours, why is my Klout score down -0.25?
According to Klout, the +Ks have no impact on your score. I view 'em as fun and that's about it. But, Eley - you got some bragging rights from me!

I figured chiming in on a Klout thread was a nonsensical way to edge my way back into the forum in my vendor shoes......
Klout, giving klout, getting klout and yapping about klout on Twitter has definitely taken up way to much of my time and my followers timelines.

That being said like Arnold's recent blogpost states it does have both a legitimate driver of social behavior as well as fun factor. So I guess the bottom line is I'm "that guy" in your Twitter feed who keeps rubbing into you with his kloner & if it bothers you I'm sorry but damn it's fun.

I figured chiming in on a Klout thread was a nonsensical way to edge my way back into the forum in my vendor shoes......
Klout, giving klout, getting klout and yapping about klout on Twitter has definitely taken up way to much of my time and my followers timelines.

That being said like Arnold's recent blogpost states it does have both a legitimate driver of social behavior as well as fun factor. So I guess the bottom line is I'm "that guy" in your Twitter feed who keeps rubbing into you with his kloner & if it bothers you I'm sorry but damn it's fun.
You're just "all happy" 'cause you have Bacon Klout. I'd kill for Bacon Klout!

I don't know about you guys, and I know for a vendor it's different, but in my @CapitalFord timeline there's hardly ever anything to do with Klout. To be honest, the only time I really see Klout is when I get it from one of these two (@ridederty and @velocitysales).

As a tool, I think it can actually be useful. From a dealer view, it's an easy way to get a snapshot. We've used to find out if a profile is a good opportunity to offer a free "Ride & Tweet" to, or if your on the fence whether to engage someone or not, a Klout score of 20 vs 50 is enough to tell me if I'm missing out or not! I use HooteSuite and simply clicking on a profile pulls up a Klout score so it makes it easy but I don't think it's all bad.

Maybe this is unique to have a feed not littered with Klout, the only time there was EVER any Klout noise (outside of car vendors) was when the new algorithm dropped, and it was mostly - "What the heck is Klout, and why is everyone talking about it". Two days later it was back to normal.