• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead forwarding to iMagic

bpreston

Grease Monkey
Apr 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bobby
Does anyone have any issues having your emails being properly forwarded from BuyaToyota to iMagic? iMagic says in order to parse they need to be in XML ADF format, BAT says they can't send them in that format.

Then w/ Honda, the Honda IN says they can't forward leads at all, they can give you detailed notifications but they claim that there isn't any means to forward.

Just wanted to see if I missing something or if you guys have any tricks that would help me get around this. Naturally this is time consuming to be typing in personal information.

Let me know...

From what I remember - BAT should forward in ADF/XML - I do not currently consult with any Toyota store, but the ones I did had leads coming from BAT (Toyota) in ADF/XML. Honda is a different game and will only "DirectPost" to a certified CRM. Is iMagic Honda certified?

For services that don’t forward-send leads in ADF/XML, a few of the CRM's out there will "parse", the best they can, as long as the email is in the EXACT same format every time. I thought IMajic was one of these CRM's…..guess not.

I will do a quick chime in here - It amazes me that dealer don’t dictate a little more control over their leads.

In all the dealers I consult with I recommend that dealer use a dealer email address to have all the leads sent to (ie: [email protected]) Most webhost companies have/will allow a number of email addresses. One should be used for your leads. You can then use the redirect tool in the email account (almost ALL webmail programs have them) to redirect to your CRM (or anything else) you want. Why in the word would you want your leads to go to [email protected] rather than your own (controllable) email address?

This also allows you to monitor your emails/leads occasionally, have a way to "check" leads if your CRM is ever down, and makes it really easy if you need/want to ever experiment or change CRM's.

Drew Ament
Press1toTalk.com
Cell: 602-405-9630
Office: 1-(866)-553-1859 x100
dament @ press1totalk.com

From what I remember - BAT should forward in ADF/XML - I do not currently consult with any Toyota store, but the ones I did had leads coming from BAT (Toyota) in ADF/XML. Honda is a different game and will only "DirectPost" to a certified CRM. Is iMagic Honda certified?

For services that don’t forward-send leads in ADF/XML, a few of the CRM's out there will "parse", the best they can, as long as the email is in the EXACT same format every time. I thought IMajic was one of these CRM's…..guess not.

I will do a quick chime in here - It amazes me that dealer don’t dictate a little more control over their leads.

In all the dealers I consult with I recommend that dealer use a dealer email address to have all the leads sent to (ie: [email protected]) Most webhost companies have/will allow a number of email addresses. One should be used for your leads. You can then use the redirect tool in the email account (almost ALL webmail programs have them) to redirect to your CRM (or anything else) you want. Why in the word would you want your leads to go to [email protected] rather than your own (controllable) email address?

This also allows you to monitor your emails/leads occasionally, have a way to "check" leads if your CRM is ever down, and makes it really easy if you need/want to ever experiment or change CRM's.

The [email protected] setup is a good idea but may not work with some CRMs once the leads get forwarded. The reason being that the emails now don't have the correct TO address in the email message. We had issues with that for a while and had to make some changes to support it for a customer of ours. It is a good recommendation though. Another downfall might be a delay in receiving the leads if it takes a long time to relay the forwarding.

BAT leads will parse into iMagicLab - we've been getting those leads in TEXT format for about 5 years now. And Honda requires that you tell them who your ILM is and they'll send them directly. You need an application from Honda.

Ok thanks, I got the Toyota leads working, everything was in fact parsing ok, except for where exactly the Toyota lead came from i.e. BAT, CPO, etc.

As for Honda, I'll get to work on that today, but it seems as though in my first attempts last week I didn't get high enough up the Honda IN chain of command to get that taken care of.