• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

List of Google Analytics Goals per Automotive Web Platform

Alexander Lau

Banned
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
This probably doesn't exist (considering the vast amount of automotive web platform providers), but a list of best practices and / or Google Analytics Goal standards (plenty of fixed URLs and request URIs / uniform resource identifier and even dynamically generated -- generally stay the same per website outside of the unique identifiers) for each of the platforms, would be extremely helpful.

Considering the many variations of URL structures, nomenclatures, etc., this would benefit many agencies and dealers doing their own web performance analysis. Anyone seen this out there?
  • New Vehicle Detail Page (VDP) Views
  • Used VDP Views
  • New Search Results Page (SRP) Views
  • Used SRP Views
  • Average time spent on VDPs
  • Video Views
  • Credit Application Submissions
  • Trade-in Appraisal Submissions
  • Contact Us Submissions
  • Clicks to Call
  • Service Appointment Submissions
  • etc.

String Automotive has a blog with goal, dashboard and segment creation posts. There are posts specifically for Vinsoloutions, Cobalt and Dealer.com - keep in mind the information is from 2013 and URLs could be very different now. The blog also walks you through calculating the value of goals and pages.

I have set up some of the goals you mentioned (our website uses events not specific URLs). I use them in a dashboard with most of the information above plus a source/medium widget, a campaign conversion tracking widget and both Non Sales and Sales Goal Conversions.

LINK: http://blog.stringautomotive.com/topic/auto-dealer-analytics

Last edited:
String Automotive has a blog with goal, dashboard and segment creation posts. There are posts specifically for Vinsoloutions, Cobalt and Dealer.com - keep in mind the information is from 2013 and URLs could be very different now. The blog also walks you through calculating the value of goals and pages.

I have set up some of the goals you mentioned (our website uses events not specific URLs). I use them in a dashboard with most of the information above plus a source/medium widget, a campaign conversion tracking widget and both Non Sales and Sales Goal Conversions.
Great, link to it? Thanks in advance!

PCG Digital Marketing has a great dealer course on Google Analytics you can certify yourself in. I've learned quite a bit from those courses. I know Lot Linx will help you set up goals and events for Free from an automotive needs standpoint as well.