• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for data and finding no love.

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
So the first caveat that puts a bullet in my search is being Canadian.

My 1st data issue is finding a source that will provide me with all recommended maintenance for all makes and models for our service department. We're trying to make sure all used cars come back along with all other off makes/models, to our service department for all maintenance.

My feeling (more importantly, my dealers thought) is that by presenting accurate and data, such as all the recommended maintenance, to all customers with off makes would be a great boost to the optics of being able to service all makes and models rather then taking them to the OEM dealer of that vehicle.

The second data issue is incentives and rates from the manufacturer so that our website is more up to date and current. This seems to be a little easier to find but again the problem is being Canadian which makes it much more difficult.

Any companies you know of that offer this info? If nothing else I'd love to call them and pick their brain as to who might service Canada.

Thanks Ryan, I've tried a few times to contact autoData. They don't return calls so I'll have to be a little more persistent. They seem to do the bulk of their business, if not all, with OEM's unless your experience is different. Anyone have a rep at autoData that I could contact who will actually try to earn some business?