• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for some CRM user feedback - which one?

Hey Tony, all of those choices look great, the tech is all pretty close, the partnerships of the people, training & ongoing support behind the platforms are very important too. There are some very knowledgeable CRM experts out there on DR, @john.quinn @Alex Snyder and more with great insight into the choices out there in 2019.

I can say we've used DriveCentric since 2015, yeah like forever ago! And it just keeps getting better over the years. Great people as well!

It was an exhaustive search back then for our group, every stores management team had a vote, and we dug into every aspect of features, the priority being easy communication for sales/BDC and detailed desking. Back then they did not have a desking tool like they do now, our Kings toyota store wanted something new for leasing that DriveCentric developed for us, as well as an enterprise platform for our BDC. the launches went well, and the support was incredible.

Plus you get the legendary live with drive guy Steve Roessler! BTW Steve got in a little trouble for the expense of this after training entertainment but it was worth it!

View attachment 4484
Thanks for the feedback Mike!

@john.quinn and I have been looking at pretty much all of these systems A LOT over the past few months for integration purposes. He can speak to some of them more than me, but I am really liking DriveCentric at the moment.

Allow me to color what I like in a CRM system:

#1 is it simple enough for my people to work in every day?
#2 can I have at least some small measures of what looks like a quality job (just telling me how many calls were made or emails sent is not a measurement of quality)
#3 is it simple enough for my people work in every day ;)

Never forget that if your people are not communicating with your customers you are wasting your advertising spend and you're also not selling cars. All that fancy reporting and pencil tool and credit application connection and AI and texting capabilities are all B f'n S if your people don't use the basic bits. DriveCentric puts the basics out front.

P.S. I do not work with DriveCentric. I do not know anyone over there. We only have mutual clients.

@Alex Snyder , in 20 words or less, please elaborate on #2.

Seriously, in your mind what type of small measures do you consider to be acceptable?

Reactions: john.quinn
Hey Tony, all of those choices look great, the tech is all pretty close, the partnerships of the people, training & ongoing support behind the platforms are very important too. There are some very knowledgeable CRM experts out there on DR, @john.quinn @Alex Snyder and more with great insight into the choices out there in 2019.

I can say we've used DriveCentric since 2015, yeah like forever ago! And it just keeps getting better over the years. Great people as well!

It was an exhaustive search back then for our group, every stores management team had a vote, and we dug into every aspect of features, the priority being easy communication for sales/BDC and detailed desking. Back then they did not have a desking tool like they do now, our Kings toyota store wanted something new for leasing that DriveCentric developed for us, as well as an enterprise platform for our BDC. The launches went well, and the support was incredible.

Plus you get the legendary live with drive guy Steve Roessler! BTW Steve got in a little trouble for the expense of this after training entertainment but it was worth it!

View attachment 4484
That was a fun night at kona. Lol. Memories while going #LiveWithDrive

@Tony Howard. Happy to see we are on the radar.

Reactions: mikesayre
One example in less than 20 words: number of responses to emails sent by CRM users = measure of email quality.

@Alex Snyder thanks for the reply. I accidentally deleted the punchline for my dumb humor. The 20 words was a joke.

I like your 20 word answer for sure! Engaged emails rather than number sent or number opened. Like, how many actually worked!

Any other input would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Quality emails (engagement rate) have been covered, but here is that metric again:
#of email replies from customer ÷ # of emails sent by users = response rate ...with drill-downs, this is an excellent inspection point

A quality email template report can be found in eLead CRM
#of email replies from customer ÷ # of email TEMPLATES sent = template effectiveness

Gaming CRM entries on the floor
# of sales ÷ # of customers entered into the CRM = closing rate ...if the percentage is higher than 30% the chances are high that salesperson is only entering customers deemed worthy of his time. If that percentage is lower than 10% chances are that person can't close a door with a hurricane behind it (or they are handling internet leads)

Those are simple ones you can measure fairly well that applies to most stores. Here are some that you will need to massage for your own situation.

Capturing phone ups
# of floor ups ÷ # of phone ups = ______ (assumes you have a higher number of floor ups than phone ups logged to start, but if you don't reverse the equation) ...first off, who is answering the phone and what are your expectations of that person? Second, is that person also taking ups on the lot? Third, if yes, then you should average your entire store's phone to floor up ratio and look at who performed below that number. WORD of CAUTION: this is typically not a beat someone over the head issue. Usually, it is a confidence on the phone issue. Seek training first.

Appointment creation
# of sales ÷ # of appointments = ______ ...again, you want to average this out for the entire store and take a look at who is performing below that line.

Appointment quality
# of appointments shown ÷ # of appointments created = show rate ...and most CRMs have this metric. Again, you should start by averaging out the entire store and then looking at the people performing below average. A lot of the time, fudging gets out of hand when creating appointments is part of a pay plan.

I have hundreds more of these. The ones listed here are fairly basic and, unfortunately, not always trackable in CRMs :banghead:

DriveCentric. Pros: - its stupid simple. Cons - its stupid simple.

If you are accustom to the administration of other CRms liks elead or dealsocket - like me - and were the Admin for multiple stores, you will be a little bit frustrated at the lack of back end things you can't do...BUT....it is ridiculously simple to use for a sales agent. Video, text, email, are all in one spot and as a managers you are never more than 1 click away from an activity report or a custom report that you want to create.

I could write you an essay on the subject but do yourself a favor a check out DriveCentric.

In the end, it doesn;t matter what your CRM can do - if it is not simple enough that a 5 year old couldn't use it then its not going to work for you. Sales Agents will find any excuse to not use a CRM and so will your Management staff. I don't care if the CRM you want has the technology to land a rocket on the moon - be honest - no one at your store is going to use even 10% of what it can do. Count the clicks. If it is more than 2 to do anything than good luck to you.

In the end, it doesn;t matter what your CRM can do - if it is not simple enough that a 5 year old couldn't use it then its not going to work for you. Sales Agents will find any excuse to not use a CRM and so will your Management staff. I don't care if the CRM you want has the technology to land a rocket on the moon - be honest - no one at your store is going to use even 10% of what it can do. Count the clicks. If it is more than 2 to do anything than good luck to you.

My sales people utilize the CRM, I would guess better than most. BUT if the Desking Tool was NOT part of the CRM - no other manager here would EVER look at it. NEVER!!! We have a sales manager that has never left the Desking Screen, couldn't pull nor read a report is his life was dependent upon it. I honestly don't know how he managers his people without using the CRM. Oh wait... he doesn't.

It's always fun to see my staff squirm when I pull activity logs/reports to question their activity (or lack thereof). Doesn't take many times for their activity levels to increase.

And yes, I also double check to see if they are real calls, or not. They tried that trick on me, too. Let them walk right into the next meeting thinking they had me fooled.

It's always fun to see my staff squirm when I pull activity logs/reports to question their activity (or lack thereof). Doesn't take many times for their activity levels to increase.

And yes, I also double check to see if they are real calls, or not. They tried that trick on me, too. Let them walk right into the next meeting thinking they had me fooled.

Inspect what you expect! You gotta hold your team accountable. It's the best thing for them, and they WILL thank you later. Even if it's 10 years down the road under a different employer.

Reactions: ChrisR