• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

A customer wrote this to a dealer of ours. Thought some might like this.

Subject: My experience Buying From Atlanta BMW on Chat!

Good afternoon and to whom it may concern,

My name is Edward W. and I have had the pleasure of buying a vehicle and as you know most people
would say that buying a vehicle is not a Pleasurable situation. Let me start by saying that Brian is a
remarkable salesman and coming from someone in sales, a good salesman that cares falls few and far
between.

I was coming aboard of a Delta flight coming from Miami Florida and I was on the internet inside of the
Aircraft doing work when I looked at a article for BMW so I decided to pull up the Atlanta BMW website
just to look at the 750 series because for the last 5 months or so I have been thinking of purchasing this
car before they change the body style because I prefer this style over the pictures that I’ve seen on the
internet of the 2009 new body style. Well while on your site a chat sales mans picture popped up and
ask if I had any questions. I then began a full conversation while up in the air on the Plane ride with
Brian, he was Extremely knowledgeable and understanding of my time restraints do to me being actually
on a flight in the air.

We went over the differences between the 750I sport and the 750LI, then we went into the warranty
and the differences between the 750LI, 750I sport and the S550 Mercedes. Overall the BMW won me
over.. From that point Brian explained how to go back to the Website and fill out the application then
he popped back on my screen and we started talking about prices and discounts and down payments.
I must say that this was a little weird for me but it was truly the BEST purchase experience that I have
EVER had!!!!

I had Brian call my brother because I was ready to touch down and had to log off.. Once I spoke with my
Brother he gave me the VIN number of the Vehicle that I liked that Brian had gave to him and when I
arrived at the dealership It took less than 1 hour to drive home with my New Vehicle.
I would like to thank Brian for a Wonderful experience and thank BMW for setting up a Chat Sales
opportunity.

Edward W. **deleted last name
Starting Time: 10/20/2008 2:53:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Agent: Brian Norris
Origination: Global Imports BMW | Atlanta Area BMW Dealers - BMW 328i GA, BMW 335i GA
Click here to update the consumer data for this conversation.
Click here to block this user from further conversations.
Item
[2:53:32 PM]<Brian Norris>Hello, How may I help you?
[2:53:35 PM]<Brian Norris>I'm Brian. May I ask your name?
[2:53:46 PM]<Customer>are you located in Atlanta off of Powers ferry?
[2:53:54 PM]<Brian Norris>close
[2:54:25 PM]<Brian Norris>powers ferry and interstate north parkway
[2:54:34 PM]<Brian Norris>next to 285
[2:55:10 PM]<Customer>great! whats the best deal on the 750LI??? I'm flying in to atl. in about 1 1/2 hrs
and i'm interested but I don't have a lot of time
[2:56:15 PM]<Brian Norris> I will make you a great deal and also make it fast for you. Are you looking for
a New 750 or a Certified Pre Owned?
[2:58:11 PM]<Customer>probably New for the bumper to bumper warrenty that they offer... I know that
there is a new body style and bigger engine coming out in 09 but i like this model.. I've looked at some that
have the "Nav, Reverse sinsors, and all rear window blinds, 20 in wheels. ect... the price wasn't that bad
[2:58:43 PM]<Brian Norris>I have many left waht colors and options?
[2:59:01 PM]<Customer>also the Ipod connection.. I would like Blk on Blk
[2:59:05 PM]<Brian Norris>Do you have someone to pick you up at the airport?
[3:00:37 PM]<Customer>Yes, once you give me the approval i can come and pick it up without a problem..
but I would like to be able to walk in sign and be out... I have a meeting tonight that i can not be late for..
[3:01:46 PM]<Brian Norris>No problem I could possibly even pick you up at the airport if it would be
easyer for you.
[3:02:11 PM]<Brian Norris>Are you on the plane right now?
[3:02:25 PM]<Brian Norris>Or are you getting ready to leave?
[3:03:20 PM]<Customer>yes sir i am :) i know the world of internet!!! I have a lincoln picking me up.. i do
have a ride there. so lets talk business... do you have blk on blk? and what options for wht price..??
[3:04:14 PM]<Brian Norris>OK I can check for you right now.....can I call you with the info or do you want
to hold on?
[3:04:51 PM]<Customer>i'm also on a conference call so if you hit my internet connection back I will keep
this line open for your return..
[3:06:11 PM]<Brian Norris>OK no problem if we get disconected please give me a call when you are free.
(678)409-1680 is my cell (770) 951-2697 is the dealership.
[3:06:30 PM]<Customer>OK i will wait for the call
[3:06:34 PM]<Brian Norris>My name is Brian Norris I am one of the internet sales managers here.
[3:07:34 PM]<Customer>Nice to meet you Brian my name is Edward, and i will be waiting for your chat
back with the information so we can go forward.
[3:13:29 PM]<Brian Norris>OK Edward are you still there?
[3:14:36 PM]<Customer>yes my friend i am
[3:15:05 PM]<Brian Norris>OK are you leaning toward the 750Li or 750i sport?
[3:15:17 PM]<Customer>that would be the LI
[3:16:16 PM]<Brian Norris>OK the only Black Li I have left with the options you are lookinf for has the
Natural Brown Nasca Leather. Are you familliar with this interior?
[3:17:21 PM]<Customer>ok what is the price difference between the blk on blk sport or the LI with the
brown?
[3:18:00 PM]<Brian Norris>The 20 inch rims are only available on Sport package 750's
[3:18:24 PM]<Brian Norris>The Sport is $2,000 cheaper than the 750Li
[3:19:03 PM]<Customer>ok I really want the blk on blk what do you have in that?
[3:19:29 PM]<Brian Norris>I have a 750i Sport Black on Black
[3:20:04 PM]<Customer>ok so whats the price on the LI and on the blk on blk sport?
[3:20:57 PM]<Brian Norris>This Vehicle is our Owners Personal Demo it is still new but we have installed a
built un radar detection unit and tinted windows.
[3:21:15 PM]<Brian Norris>The radar unit is $2,500 and the tint is $500
[3:21:16 PM]<Customer>ok which one is this?
[3:21:53 PM]<Brian Norris>the sport 750i Black Black
[3:22:12 PM]<Customer>ok whats the price? and how many demo miles is on it?
[3:22:36 PM]<Brian Norris>it has aprox 2,800 miles
[3:22:56 PM]<Customer>ok and the price is????
[3:23:57 PM]<Brian Norris>The MSRP is $89,520 and I can sell it to you for $83,900
[3:24:20 PM]<Brian Norris>we also can offer you 0.9% APR for 60 months
[3:24:52 PM]<Customer>my understanding is that BMW has a 10k reduction now and a sign and drive
going on where they roll everything in, is that correct?
[3:25:04 PM]<Brian Norris>on a lease?
[3:25:44 PM]<Brian Norris>the money on the 750 is $,5000
[3:25:57 PM]<Customer>so the only reduction in price is for a lease?
[3:26:47 PM]<Brian Norris>No the reduction is valid for a lease or purchase
[3:27:23 PM]<Brian Norris>we do have a sign and drive for leases.
[3:27:32 PM]<Customer>so on a purchase i'm looking @ the $89 minus the $10 correct?
[3:28:19 PM]<Brian Norris>I can check and see about the $10,000 I am under the impression that the
money back on the 750 is only $5,000
[3:28:33 PM]<Brian Norris>But I have been incorect before.
[3:29:03 PM]<Customer>oh i'm sorry so on the 750 is $5 off the price??? so if I want no money down is
that an issue?
[3:29:39 PM]<Brian Norris>Yes sir you are correct $10,000 off.
[3:30:11 PM]<Customer>ok so do you need my information?
[3:31:44 PM]<Brian Norris>You can submit your credit on our secure website. atlantabmw.com
[3:32:10 PM]<Customer>ok and then you will get it?
[3:32:34 PM]<Brian Norris>Yes I will
[3:33:06 PM]<Customer>ok i'm going there now... you can call my cell when you done 678-xxx-xxxx and
let me know the out come...
[3:33:24 PM]<Brian Norris>Great
[3:33:58 PM]<Customer>oh, 1) more ? 4 you, so how much more bigger is the LI to the one you are
looking at for me?
[3:34:14 PM]<Brian Norris>6 inches longer
[3:34:43 PM]<Customer>is that back set room? or just outside?
[3:35:10 PM]<Brian Norris>outside the back seat has about 4 inches more leg room
[3:36:03 PM]<Customer>wow.. ok well lets get the approval in and when you call me in about 10 min.. we
can discuss that.. i really liked the LI and the room it offers. i'm on the website now.
[3:36:27 PM]<Brian Norris>great
[3:40:12 PM]<Brian Norris>have you submited the application?
[3:41:08 PM]<Customer>im on it now
[3:45:57 PM]<Customer>all done!!! edward w. deleted last name
[3:46:06 PM]<Brian Norris>great
[3:46:48 PM]<Customer>i have about another hour on this flight I will keep this line open for you while i
do someother work.. please let me know
[3:47:00 PM]<Brian Norris>great
[3:47:33 PM]<Brian Norris>I will get to work on everything and if I have questions I will ask
[3:47:53 PM]<Customer>ok it would be nice to pick up when i land..
[4:15:33 PM]<Customer>Brian, did you get it?
[4:33:08 PM]<Brian Norris>are you still there Edward?
[4:33:19 PM]<Customer>yes sir
[4:36:04 PM]<Brian Norris>Great I have a quick question, If it is needed can you put any money down?
[4:37:31 PM]<Customer>how much are you talking about? i think Clark Howard said to keep as much
money in your bank account as posible.:) and you are looking at both vehicles and both purchase and
lease?
[4:39:00 PM]<Brian Norris>The problem I am up against is that you have limited credit. Your mortgage
was paid off after only four years and you have never had a autoloan.
[4:39:55 PM]<Customer> thats because i would rather pay everthing cash or if i do a loan i would like to
pay of asap... if there is not a pre pay off penilty...
[4:39:55 PM]<Brian Norris>You have great score's and your job time is wonderfull.
[4:40:30 PM]<Brian Norris>I understand, but the bank wants to see payment history.
[4:40:31 PM]<Customer>in this ecomony that should work for you and me correct??? Brian lets move the
vehicle my friend..
[4:42:22 PM]<Brian Norris>I am working for you Edward. Believe me I want this to work. My question to
you is, how much within reason can you put down if the bank requires it?
[4:43:47 PM]<Brian Norris>Great New's Edward I just recieved the approval from BMW financial. :)
[4:43:54 PM]<Brian Norris>no $ down
[4:45:02 PM]<Brian Norris>To save time have you decided if you want to lease or purchase?
[4:45:25 PM]<Customer>GREAT... so which one are we looking at?? What's the payment? and when can I
pick it up? send me the VIN number so I can have insurance papers faxed to you.. How long will it take
once I get to the dealership?
[4:45:49 PM]<Brian Norris>Lease or purchase?
[5:10:42 PM]<Customer>about to land what is the dif. in a purchase on payment and the 15000 mls
lease??

Ryan

That is a great chat, and one of the longest I have ever seen :)

Trust me the salesman wasn't complaining. They guy spent 1 hour in the store before he took delivery. This guy didn't have a problem with money. He only cared about time. He was shopping for 5 months. Had a Mercedes store in Atlanta had chat this conversation may have never taken place. This happens so often. Of course this is a longer than usual chat because the guy was in flight.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have used Contact at Once previously. It is pretty decent, but limited to when you can man it from what I could tell. This was 2 years ago when I used it though. If anyone's interested in a 24 hour manned service, I have a couple contacts and may be able to help get you set up on a plan that is affordable for your dealership based on website volume and whatnot. Contact me for more info!