• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

Our web Chat should launch in the next 24hours. Getting reps trained was slowing us down, so my CaO sales rep Ryan Lucia vollenteered to make make a training video to help speed the process. CLICK HERE to see the video.

If you're in the market, The video is an excellent review of CaO's features. I'll use this video to train any chat noobs that come on later.

Joe

Mitch,

I signed with CaO yesterday. I've got them writing some code to auto-route a chat request the host store and some other mods.

I'll gladly post my findings.

Interesting thread...we used Outsell for about 6months and got ok results for around $400 a month. I am just not convinced yet that the customer is going to click on the chat button as opposed to a submit a lead form. If you have good content on your site than I feel as though you will get the lead/phone call anyway. I will probably try chat again at some point but will most likely try it as an in house feature.

We are seeing a lot of activity with Chat. We are getting folks that are not ready to submit their info via the traditional email lead, and just don't want to pick up the phone (or cannot because they are at work...). It is hard to track the success of using Chat, because most of our folks use it, but only take that person and put them into our CRM if they judge them to be a "good" lead. This does not bother me too much, because when I review a lot of our online chats, many are not serious by any measure, and many are unable to buy a vehicle (eg. "I make $695 per month, and want to buy a car and finance it for 60 months, can you help me?"..). We are making sales as a direct result of chat, and look to watch it closely across the next several months...

Ok, you're 1 hour into the search at home. You've seen at least 20 sites. You're whipped.

Remember, It's for you and your better half. Its the only week of Vaca you have. You gotta get it right. Dig in there and give it your best.

More searching tomorrow.... from your office cube :)

Last edited:
Monday's here, and while at work, you attack google for a B&B in Fl. (don't get caught!)
Monday nite, you go to 4 different travel sites for airfare quotes

------------------------------------

Tuesday at work, you attack google for a B&B in Fl.
You discover TripAdvisor.com , the mother of all travel review sites. "OMG" you say, "this is awesome!"
Tuesday nite, you work on flights and now you look into car rentals
At 11:30, you find yourself diggin thru Tripadvisor. Your bookmarks and notes are getting un-manageable

Wednesday at work...
You find a B&B site with great pics, attractive selection, decent TripAdvisor rating and it has a Chat. You Chat with a freindly rep and the rep vollenteers to send you a link to their menus and community events calender for "things to do" in the dates your interested it. "very nice touch" you say to yourself...

Thursday at work, you attack google for a B&B in Fl.
After 2 hours of reading TripAdvisor.com reviews, you realize that some shoppers are just whiney bastards & can never be pleased.
Your boss asks you for a meeting... OMG has that IT guy blown me in!!!
Thurs Nite, dinner's done, kids are in bed, your whipped, time to hit the interweb again. You wish the madness would end.

Saturday's here, this has to end, you can't be doing this from work anly longer, it's time to narrow down the choices. Flights, times, rentals, and where to stay.. Arrg... soo many choices!!

Last edited:
Jason,

Can you feel shopper’s misery loading up?
Can you see how TIME trumps Choice?

(I reach for soap box, and go for the close!)
The internet is all about interaction and in the sea of infinity (aka The Internet), creating a memorable moment is PRICELESS. Only Chat has a spontaneous communication human element, and, this human element causes a MEMORABLE internet experience...

Game, Set, Match.

Last edited:
The internet is all about interaction, BUT, only Chat has a spontaneous human element, and, this human element causes a MEMORABLE internet experiment... and in the sea of infinity (aka The Internet), creating a memorable moment is PRICELESS.

Agreed Joe. In the world of "average" it doesn't take much to differentiate yourself. Chat is one of those tools when used right, can separate you/dealer from the rest of the crowd.

Joe,

I am all about the customers getting the best experience online and I know you guys don't know Ross Downing from Adam...but we put a high premium on providing our online customers with the best shopping experience in our market and beyond.

However, too many times I will see a dealer with a chat button on their website, yet the have no pictures, no colors, no transmission, no comments etc. My only point is that the content and accuracy of your site is more valuable than the chat tool itself. Now with that said...I do plan on trying chat again in the right scenario. I would be curious to hear how it goes for you and here some stories/stats on it.

Thanks,