• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

May my experience help another

I am glad I was not the only one confused by the original post.

As long as the Pencil tool pushed to the DMS smoothly, I could live with that. Sure it would be really nice if the Pencil tool pushed to the CRM, but it would not be a show stopper if I really liked the ePencil over the CRM's Pencil tool.

When considering a CRM solution you should ask yourself, "Do I want to keep any stand alone products or would I like to find a CRM vendor with all the bells and whistles?" If you decide to keep a few stand alone products, such as call tracking or say a pencil tool, don't always expect those tools to be compatible with your CRM vendor. If a CRM vendor has a competing product, they are not going to go out of their way to create integration, unless their product is inferior and they are losing market share. That's why when evaluating a CRM vendor, you should always look at all of their offerings and decide if their products are right for your dealership. If you decide to keep a few stand alone products, ask the CRM vendor to provide you with references of other dealers using that stand alone product in conjunction with their CRM tool. I've seen a few CRM vendors say "we do that†or “we'll be doing that" and then they never deliver. If they say, "We’ll do that for you" then make sure it's spelled out clearly in your contract with a time frame. If the CRM vendor misses that deadline or does not deliver, you should have the option to dump them and collect a refund for all cost associated with deploying their product.

It would be nice if all software vendors had a universal adapter that would let other vendors feed or extract information. How about it Mr. Watson, can you come up with some sort of universal flux capacitor like device that will solve all the issues of today’s dealer?

Just like it would be nice if all cell phones integrated with the same damn power cord! I must have 20 old car chargers and power cords from all my different phone changes over the years. Well it looks like somebody has finally invented a solution: Powermat.com | Powermat Product Line

Right after I make myself a turkey sandwich it’s off to Best Buy.

Have a nice day everyone!

It would be nice if all software vendors had a universal adapter that would let other vendors feed or extract information. How about it Mr. Watson, can you come up with some sort of universal flux capacitor like device that will solve all the issues of today’s dealer?

Just like it would be nice if all cell phones integrated with the same damn power cord! I must have 20 old car chargers and power cords from all my different phone changes over the years. Well it looks like somebody has finally invented a solution: Powermat.com | Powermat Product Line

The problem is... as soon as you solve all the problems... another one comes up! It is a never ending battle. That is the good and bad about technology. I recommend duct tape, super glue, mighty putty. Those usually works for most things. Duct tape is holding my laptop's power cord together...

I think Europe passed some law about cell phone power cords. Maybe we will soon. Most seem to be going to Micro or Mini USB.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/li...from-phone-makers-to-standardize-power-cords/