• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Most Single Day Traffic EVER Across all websites

Oct 17, 2011
First Name
Dan
Yesterday, is a day I'll likely mark off as a major milestone in my career. Every one of our stores witnessed record single day traffic. Awesome right? But the funny thing is that we didn't really change anything and we saw almost 3X the traffic over last year... here's an example:

phenomenom.jpg

To paraphrase more than a few Dealer Principals and a couple of industry "experts": "I don't give a rat's butt about site traffic; figures lie and liars figure! How many more cars did we sell? I wanna see phone calls! I wanna see emails! I wanna see ups! Show me the ups!

To paraphrase more than a few Dealer Principals and a couple of industry "experts": "I don't give a rat's butt about site traffic; figures lie and liars figure! How many more cars did we sell? I wanna see phone calls! I wanna see emails! I wanna see ups! Show me the ups!

Because huge spikes in dealership website traffic have no correlative and or predictive impact on showroom traffic expectations. People just go to Dealership websites without any intention of buying the products showcased or coming in for service.
Same goes for Amazon.com, Ebay, Walmart, I'm sure. No one actually wants to buy anything on the inter-web. We're just too afraid of girls and life to come out of our parents basements so we spend all of our time on dealership websites because, well, we can... Time to come out of that ignorance-induced coma Stan and join the rest of us here on planet reality. :)

On the other hand yours (and every DP's in my PMA+) ignorance is absolutely my bliss! So actually KEEP IT UP!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
One of my friends does SEO and his clients see huge increases in their website traffic. They have also produced record sales. They have good processes but the marketing, on their website, isn't special.

But I see the point the point "Lightnup" was making; Don't count your chickens before they're hatched -

Doug, in the case of your buddy, he did see sales.

Dan, right now, you're HOPING to see sales. I wish you all the best.

So do expect to see a correlation in sales? In other words do you think the traffic boost is going to CAUSE a 3X lift in sales? - Correlation does not imply causation and in this case there may not even be a correlation.

The dealers who can prove it haven't stepped up to share those correlations yet. In Dan's case, "the Force is strong with this one" ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Dan, curious to what the top 3 - 5 traffic producers were for this record day?

Seeing your traffic stats year over year - what has contributed to the growth (with out plugging a service). ? Looks as if April / May of this real was the turning point.