• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

my bizzare world.

OMG... This video challenges all my ASSumptions. My world is too small... I've got to get out more often! This video adds another log to the fire!

This is NYC not rural America! Look at all the GenY'ers!

Wow... now where is that eraser? Time to re-write the rules in my bizarre world!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am feeling that information overload at the present time as I shop for a lower rate on my home loan. I am looking at doing a V.A. streamline loan or Interest Rate Reduction loan and you would think it would be quite easy but I am more confused then ever after reading about buying points and various fees that all seem to be different. I don't know how car folks get a bad wrap looks to me that the ultimate shell game is played by Mtg. Brokers. I have four different quotes from various banks and still don't know what a good deal is.

Brian, I was in the same boat a few years back. I was looking to get a line of credit on the house and did a simple search, visited my local bank and eventually found lending tree. You can read about my Lending Tree Experience over on the blog.

Point is..my brain went into information overload and of course was riding the wave back up the confusion slope.

Same happened when I was looking to buy a new Plasma/LCD TV. Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung..and the list goes on. Information overload and eventually settled into a state confusion. Placed the purchase on backorder and never pulled the trigger for another 4 months. Until I met a sales person that sold me on facts and benefits. SOLD.

Then Joe adds in this video...we really give consumers TOO MUCH CREDIT. We thinks they know everything "ahh, the internet customer already knows!!" I call BS on that most of the time. This goes for myself and I research the heck out of stuff but no doubt fall into information overload 60-70% of the time.

People research just enough to be dangerous, and not for their own good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ&feature=player_embeddedThis is NYC not rural America! Look at all the GenY'ers!

Wow... now where is that eraser? Time to re-write the rules in my bizarre world!!

If you're asked a question by someone from Google, you're tempted to think about what that person represents before answering the question. That's just human nature.

Videos are like stats - they can be very misleading. But I think the real point is that people don't know how to define things online, but they sure as hell know how to use them!

...I research the heck out of stuff but no doubt fall into information overload 60-70% of the time.

Shoppers grind this out to ensure they've invested enough time to assure themselves they've made the best choice and best deal possible. On thing for sure, "information satisfaction" is highly personal. EVERYONE has different standards, some trusting souls are ready to buy with little research and I just met a hardware store owner that looked for 8 months for a used Ford Pickup.

Unlike many other industries, one advantage our industry has is the "perpetual call to action"... the trade-in. The shopper knows it's time to buy when that rattle gets louder and louder, he knows it's going to cost him money.

A trade-in in distress will shorten the research process.

Old School Rule:
Check the trade-in's gas gauge. If it's full, buyer's in no hurry. If it's empty, we're ready for a spot delivery!

Last edited:
A trade-in in distress will shorten the research process.
For sure! I was in the same boat in June - My old faithful Jimmy (from my G.M. Days) finally ticked me off for the last time. On my drive home I had a problem with my power door locks not wanting to open and the door bushings were out so the next day I picked out a S model Corolla that we had traded for that only had 10k miles on it. I had it TCUV'ed took the 3.9% rate and the 100,000 mile wrap warranty (won't buy without a warranty) and I was back to work in about 15 minutes. The point of the story - I had been looking for a new/used newer model Toyota for about 8 months. I had been going back and forth between Matrix XRS/ Corolla S/ Tacoma and a Scion XB release series but I got fed up and pulled the trigger on the Corolla S.
P.S. I still have my Jimmy because I am waiting on Cash for Clunkers 2.0 :rofl: