• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mystery Shop Time!

Tony,

Here's your mystery shop of Cal Worthington Ford. I was expecting really great things from this dealership since it sounds like they are in possession of your Dealer Brochures. Well this one just goes to show you that just because somebody has a great tool, doesn't mean they'll use it. I see this all the time. Frustrating isn't it?

What amazes is me is how much money dealers will spend on tools and advertising and then they don't train their people on how to execute. If this dealership has had training, than shame on the management team for not holding their people accountable. This is why I have developed the "Mystery Shop Coaching Tool" and the "Phone-up Coaching Tool" to help dealers hold their people accountable and provide ongoing training. Part of the problem is also hiring quality people who are willing to put forth the effort to become truly successful.

Here's the mystery shop: Cal Worthington Ford Mystery Shop

What do you think, did I hit the nail on the head, was I too harsh, or am I just expecting too much?

Tony,

Here's your mystery shop of Cal Worthington Ford. I was expecting really great things from this dealership since it sounds like they are in possession of your Dealer Brochures. Well this one just goes to show you that just because somebody has a great tool, doesn't mean they'll use it. I see this all the time. Frustrating isn't it?

What amazes is me is how much money dealers will spend on tools and advertising and then they don't train their people on how to execute. If this dealership has had training, than shame on the management team for not holding their people accountable. This is why I have developed the "Mystery Shop Coaching Tool" and the "Phone-up Coaching Tool" to help dealers hold their people accountable and provide ongoing training. Part of the problem is also hiring quality people who are willing to put forth the effort to become truly successful.

What do you think, did I hit the nail on the head, was I too harsh, or am I just expecting too much?

I don't think that was too harsh. That was really weak, my old DP used to hit the roof is someone would say "ummm we're showing a couple at xyz dealership". It's a real problem when salespeople have access to information (vehicle locator) and don't have any guidelines in place.

Still love Cal Worthington Ford from the commercials.

Tony,

Nailed it :) . I was away for couple days. Sorry for the delay.

I am already a huge fan of your work and sending a PM right now.

Thank you again.