• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Newest CRM thoughts

JSCole,

ddavis,

Just amazing you are not in prison for beating some sense into someone. I really look forward to getting a tool up and running, and putting it to work to maximize our potential. your results are nothing short of godly, and I just hope for a fraction of those results. hanks all again for any thoughts, advice, tips, or thoughts. So many great threads to read here, much appreciation to all!!!!

I worked for a backwards group. While those numbers are respectable, they are marginal to some people. Uncle Joe has weeks that beat my best month.

I really feel like we need to be able to build strong tremplates...

Just a few things to help you start thinking outside the box here. There's one thing that is overlooked in the car industry when it comes to templates, and that's A/B Testing. You say you feel like you need to be able to build strong templates, but in reality the only way to do this is by creating multiple versions of your templates and find out which templates are producing the best sales and leads for your dealership. Now there are some other metrics involved with finding out how well your templates are performing based upon creating tracking URLs for each template that will allow you to track quality of traffic to your site for each individual template.

Now, before you and you're team start creating templates, please think about testing multiple variations and version of each template. This the only real way that you will be able to know what is working, in result you will provide better service to your clients and increase sales / leads.

I'm a life long car guy that was always frustrated with the quality of the tools available to us. I did something about it and created a sales & management tool from scratch. I know it is a little self serving to mention it here but I believe you would be amazed at my web based no new equipment needed solution. I would love to hear your feedback! Http:/www.getcarseller.com

I'm a life long car guy that was always frustrated with the quality of the tools available to us. I did something about it and created a sales & management tool from scratch. I know it is a little self serving to mention it here but I believe you would be amazed at my web based no new equipment needed solution. I would love to hear your feedback! Http:/www.getcarseller.com

I don't know this is a pretty bold statement coming from a car guy.

"...and we guarantee this will help sell more cars."

Kelly,

You just gave me a reason to be really happy about my position!! Hopefully you get the right product to replace some/all in one solution. Please let me know your feelings on the ones you see, and keep usupdated.

Thanks

I think the rock just moved an inch!!

So we just signed with eLeads. The choice was based on the opinions of my Desk Manager and Sales Manager. There were parts of each I liked and did not. I will learn to function in eLeads with time. What matters is IF the guys actually use it. There is supposed to be full mobile access. As we don't supply computers, this will be a great feature. I also hear the reports are a great improvement from my manual excel sheets and 3AM data collation.

We also looked at VIN (slow load times-too busy for my non-tech floor guys)
DealerSocket (wouldn't let us consolidate enough vendors) ((small company seemed ready to add or build functions we found we needed))
DealerPeak (Desk didn't like desking/forms) - ((custom dashboards--my control freak side loved all info in one place--mobile call logging & speak to text to log was cool too))
oh and a random attempt of DealerTrack (GM's friend works there? After 45min on the inventory tool we asked to move onto the CRM "Oh, yeah, I don't actually handle that part. We have a basic tool. If you want to see it I can have you call..." I laughed with abandon after jumping off the call.

As a Dealership that has never had a web based [real] CRM this will be a great adventure. In reference to A Great CRM is Like My Wife; this may not be our soul mate-but if you never start dating you'll never know!

Reactions: 1 person
My new group purchased DealerSocket for each store. Most of these still use the old desk pads. I am really questioning if those old types are going to use a CRM. They may need to use cattle prods and a cat of nine tails. My departments are a given. We just got vAuto, also.

Kelly, "great CRM is like my wife"??? ...cost ya a bunch of money and didn't put out.

Long and short, had bypass surgery, so was gone for a bit. Good updates and feedback. Needless to say with being gone we haven't picked a CRM yet, and kelly I was wondering how Eleads is working for you, and any other updates, or thoughts anyone has.

Thanks