• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

No Show Appointments

We do an automated CSI video for each closed RO, per advisor. goes out after 6pm. Maybe do same for missing appt/different video. something like a tear jerker as mentioned :)
Customer gets these to their email/and or cell via a PURL. About 700 per day go out.

I was looking at a version of what @joe.pistell was typing about last week...a DPA. This DPA will take over the appointment process for rescheduling their time/date and it updates the CRM status and follow up schedule (Still verifying this). I was told that this can help collect the around 60% no show appointments that are generated daily. This could be a big win for dealerships....

This DPA will also "prod" the salesperson to make calls, send emails and general business reminders. I have not seen any data on the efficacy of this however, we all know that people need to be pushed! LOL

This DPA also has the capability to mine social media sites and chatrooms for lead generation. I was amazed by this, the idea that a DPA can proactively search for discussions on your dealership or your brand blew my mind!

I will continue my research and update the forum. Exciting times for sure!

Reactions: JDHigginbotham
I use a great video from Beaver Toyota in training that I got from a Drivecentric presentation. The BDC manager talking over video of the BDC rep being consoled (for the missed appointment) to the tune of someone singing All By Myself.

Using video for confirmations will dramatically help improve your show rate. Here's me with the keys and the car's pulled up. If something comes up, either call or text me please. To Jon's point, shame them into showing up or at least calling you if they can't make it, instead of just ghosting you.
Did you ever get a sample of that video? I’m doing a combination of that with a one click rebook. Be great for video ideas

I use a great video from Beaver Toyota in training that I got from a Drivecentric presentation. The BDC manager talking over video of the BDC rep being consoled (for the missed appointment) to the tune of someone singing All By Myself.

Using video for confirmations will dramatically help improve your show rate. Here's me with the keys and the car's pulled up. If something comes up, either call or text me please. To Jon's point, shame them into showing up or at least calling you if they can't make it, instead of just ghosting you.

Video appt confirmation via text when possible an hour+ before their appt time IS highly effective.

I closely worked with a sales person on the floor doing this and it was highly successful. Dude rarely had a no-show. We worked on a few options to include a "click to reschedule" - dropping the customer into a calendly like service/page. Right before he decided to move out of the state, we were trying to A/B test with and withOUT the "click to reschedule" option, to see how customers would engage. Until I I recommended including both options - "click to call to reschedule" OR "click to reschedule online." There were of course some that never followed the directions and instead would text directly back, but at least there was communication. I'm glad this conversation came up - I had almost forgot about tracking this little one off project. I wish I still had the reporting we kept over the 6 months of tracking. If I can recall, he went from a mid 70% appt to show rate to a near 95+% (including the rescheduled) - when sending by text message.

Video appt confirmation via text when possible an hour+ before their appt time IS highly effective.

I closely worked with a sales person on the floor doing this and it was highly successful. Dude rarely had a no-show.

Did you have a pre-baked video that you used or did he make a fresh one for the customer each time?

We worked on a few options to include a "click to reschedule" - dropping the customer into a calendly like service/page.

Was this (and the video) uploaded into a thread in iMessage or through an app?

There were of course some that never followed the directions and instead would text directly back, but at least there was communication.

We should be paying attention to this. That is clearly their default way of moving from one step to the next. They are in a conversational channel expecting a conversation. Instead of a link, there could be a virtual assistant (or DPA) that nails down the appointment. Repeatable, automated process for your entire sales floor...then the service lane.

If I can recall, he went from a mid 70% appt to show rate to a near 95+% (including the rescheduled) - when sending by text message.

There it is! :cool:

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: craigh