• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Online Marketing Solutions/Posting

JC Motorsports

Green Pea
Oct 4, 2013
First Name
Chris
We have a small dealership, officially opened June 1, and was looking for some online marketing advice. We currently advertise or cars on; Autotrader (with the KBB listing), Craigslist, Cars.com, Ebay (fixed price auction) and some local classified sites. We focus on 10k and under cars and sell all cars with a new inspection, oil changes and 3 month 4500 mile warranty.

My question is am I missing any sites, what sites have you had the most success with? We are having the most responses from the local classified sites and Ebay. We are not getting super results from Autotrader, how ever I understand their reach.

Any help, insight, advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Chris
JC Motorsports
Punxsutawney, PA

We have a small dealership, officially opened June 1, and was looking for some online marketing advice. We currently advertise or cars on; Autotrader (with the KBB listing), Craigslist, Cars.com, Ebay (fixed price auction) and some local classified sites. We focus on 10k and under cars and sell all cars with a new inspection, oil changes and 3 month 4500 mile warranty.

My question is am I missing any sites, what sites have you had the most success with? We are having the most responses from the local classified sites and Ebay. We are not getting super results from Autotrader, how ever I understand their reach.

Any help, insight, advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Chris
JC Motorsports
Punxsutawney, PA

I know this may be a really dumb question but what are you doing with your website? I actually had a separate used car lot for a long time that was dedicated to just $10,000 and under used cars. The biggest, most important thing you can do for your dealership is have an awesome website, that drives you traffic and leads. (Not to mention it's a long term investment). I have a couple of companies that pop into my head that you may want to check out. In the long run, I think it will be a better investment & help the new store out a whole lot!

Reactions: 1 person
I know this may be a really dumb question but what are you doing with your website? I actually had a separate used car lot for a long time that was dedicated to just $10,000 and under used cars. The biggest, most important thing you can do for your dealership is have an awesome website, that drives you traffic and leads. (Not to mention it's a long term investment). I have a couple of companies that pop into my head that you may want to check out. In the long run, I think it will be a better investment & help the new store out a whole lot!

Great advise Sarah. A well optimized site for cars under 10K is hard to replace. If you're part of a dealer group, I would recommend promoting this website and inventory within your other dealer websites. If you have the ability, you may even want these vehicle listed on each site for additional exposure.

Continuing form my previous question (but no answer) around 2nd chance finance... I have a dealer friend that also has a used car lot with most cars under 10K. We registered a spiffy URL like mytowncarcredit.com, put together a strong TV and Radio campaign (mostly TV) and promotes the heck out of a separate 2nd chance website / landing page. This is more of a landing page since it does not have any inventory listed. We are very strategic with the ad buy and spend the budget in only the right areas. Online and Off. This campaign works wonders and yields some amazing volume and gross. You NEED to have a strong 2nd chance department and the mindset to work with the "get me done" leads and customers.

The payoff is quite sweet. If this is what you're going after with less than 10K vehicles.

Reactions: 1 person
Great advise Sarah. A well optimized site for cars under 10K is hard to replace. If you're part of a dealer group, I would recommend promoting this website and inventory within your other dealer websites. If you have the ability, you may even want these vehicle listed on each site for additional exposure.

Continuing form my previous question (but no answer) around 2nd chance finance... I have a dealer friend that also has a used car lot with most cars under 10K. We registered a spiffy URL like mytowncarcredit.com, put together a strong TV and Radio campaign (mostly TV) and promotes the heck out of a separate 2nd chance website / landing page. This is more of a landing page since it does not have any inventory listed. We are very strategic with the ad buy and spend the budget in only the right areas. Online and Off. This campaign works wonders and yields some amazing volume and gross. You NEED to have a strong 2nd chance department and the mindset to work with the "get me done" leads and customers.

The payoff is quite sweet. If this is what you're going after with less than 10K vehicles.

Very true, I did use our other stores as an opportunity to really promote the under 10k lot and the more exposure you get on your inventory will set you over the edge!

A strong 2nd chance department is really the way to get it done. There are a ton of really cheap & creative ways to maximize those opportunities and get more 2nd chance leads!! Especially if you are already working leads you can create some neat things to send out to your customers in your listings & email to customers.