• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Online Shopping to Online Buying

I'll say very simply and with lots of confidence that a third party, a to z, online buying solution will be in place by the end of 2016. Yes this includes vehicle selection, trade valuation and offer, secured financing, and menu based F&I product sales. All done online.

@Chris Vester , it already is. Shop-Click-Drive is exactly that. It has been around for quite some time now.

Sooooo, I will bite. Tell me what you have inside knowledge of to the degree that you can confidently say that it will be in place in the next 7 months and 27 days?

@Chris Vester , it already is. Shop-Click-Drive is exactly that. It has been around for quite some time now.

Sooooo, I will bite. Tell me what you have inside knowledge of to the degree that you can confidently say that it will be in place in the next 7 months and 27 days?

Actually Shop Click and Drive is NOT that...It's NOT third party... and doesn't handle the trade. As soon as I can say, I will....less than 90 days.

Im thoroughly lost by this....@Michia Rohrssen, can you please provide a link to the physical study so that we can have a look at the actual results, the client surveys and so forth. In fairness to you, as well as the members of this community- a full picture of the findings provides the only pathway for the automotive professionals on this site to interpret our own findings. It also is the only way to answer the question that every automotive dealer, as opposed to vendor, is politely saying....we'd like to know if this is a product sales pitch, or simply the elected platform for the publication of an unbiased study.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Is that the reason the SCD has not done well?...the trade?

Is this a software service that someone like myself can utilize on my website?

Have you been through the SCD process? It's and "estimated" trade value and there is no F&I process at all. The customer still has to go through the "dealership" process to complete the transaction. Why, if the consumer is looking for transparency, ease of process and savings in time would they EVER use SCD. It will take all if these as well as being dealer centric for the process to succeed.

Have you been through the SCD process? It's and "estimated" trade value and there is no F&I process at all. The customer still has to go through the "dealership" process to complete the transaction. Why, if the consumer is looking for transparency, ease of process and savings in time would they EVER use SCD. It will take all if these as well as being dealer centric for the process to succeed.

They're ALL going to be "estimated trade values" aren't they?

What's going to happen the first time one of those trades 5.4L 2009 F-150 Crew 4X4 comes rolling in with a cam phaser low end problem...no check engine lights, no performance issues, vehicle represented in good faith...but all of a sudden you're $2,000 out of round?

Whatever on that.

Is your super secret product something that I can utilize on my website, or is this a dealership launch?

What's going to happen the first time one of those trades 5.4L 2009 F-150 Crew 4X4 comes rolling in with a cam phaser low end problem...no check engine lights, no performance issues, vehicle represented in good faith...but all of a sudden you're $2,000 out of round?

Whatever on that.

Is your super secret product something that I can utilize on my website, or is this a dealership launch?

Actually, NO they won't ALL have to do ESTIMATED values. That is ONE thing that will help the process be fully online. I'm sorry you don't understand why I can't fully disclose what I know on your time schedule. I only joined the conversation because I DO know that the process is here, and WILL be available in very short time. And no, as of right now this business model is NOT a widget you add to your dealer website, it is a stand alone consumer portal, although conversations have been had to make a widget an option. Who is your website provider and I can let you know if they are one of the ones that have asked for it.

Im thoroughly lost by this....@Michia Rohrssen, can you please provide a link to the physical study so that we can have a look at the actual results, the client surveys and so forth

Michia, your silence is leaving us to guess why your hiding your work and that's not good. Do we conclude that you've pulled them down?

Have you run into Digital Retailing Hell that I described earlier?

NEW path to a sale: Vendors
  • The complexity of this concept has never been seen in our space.
  • The visibility of errors that this product will produce has never been seen in our space.
  • Mind-numbing compliance will test you & your org (e.g. franchises, taxes, laws (federal, state, local), etc)

If you're in Digital Retailing Hell, it's ok, I feel your pain.

What's going to happen the first time one of those trades 5.4L 2009 F-150 Crew 4X4 comes rolling in with a cam phaser low end problem.

What if an alien drove that same F-150 back to Zeta Reticuli?

If innovators were constantly afraid of low percentage risks, we wouldn't have electric appliances, cell phones, air travel, or F-150s to drive.