• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Our DMS appears to be taking advantage of us - WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR API INTEGRATION?

" I truly don't know what it takes to maintain REY security."

Oh, I have a really good idea of what it should cost. And based on what I know about their fee structure, they are making mountains of cash.

Exposing sensitive data via APIs and protecting it is relatively routine stuff. Look at companies like Chargify or Stripe that expose APIs to handle financial transactions. Or companies like Xero that provides APIs into accounting data. I can integrate into the NYSE cheaper than I can some DMS companies. There is no doubt that DMS's are a target, but securing data, while allowing access to legitimate users, isn't something unique to the DMS companies. Companies that are equally large, and even larger, targets do it every day without forcing vendors to rake over piles of cash.

Exactly. Capitalism at its finest. There are so many other {good} choices and we are moving on.

There are several that offer true Multi-Company accounting and many running multi rooftop groups. Just takes the balls to make the change.

As for what RR charges, they charge so much for their actual DMS there should be no other charges, I know of a Ford Dealer in SC on RR, single point 150 unit per month store paying $18K per month. Now granted the DP did not use his head when he signed that contract but I don't even know how that sales rep sleeps at night. He could have another solution for less than $3K per month that does more and without a contract.

The times of "we only have 2 choices" are over and have been for several years now.

@andwrig

I would encourage you, with @Jeff Kershner permission and for the fact that we all know what REY and CDK do, that you write something about the transition from them to DL and what are their biggest points. I think smaller vendors in as niche of giants could use that help and become very useful for dealers in need of alternatives.

One dealers transition from XXX DMS to XXX DMS - or something like that. @andwrig - would love to host the article of you're up for writing it.

One dealers transition from XXX DMS to XXX DMS - or something like that. @andwrig - would love to host the article of you're up for writing it.
Jeff and Yago - I would be willing to do that at some point in the future. It's only been approximately 90 days since our switch. It's gone quite well for the most part but I'd like to get more time under my belt so I can speak in greater detail.