• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Phone Up Ninjas makes AutoBlog

What a shame this whole situation turned out to be. Its sad to see a major outlet like autoblog lure a professional like Jerry into doing an interview under false pre tenses. I used to look to auto blog for unbiased information regarding new vehicles and trends in the auto industry, but like many im sure, feel betrayed by their gross misrepresentation of a valuable service Jerry provides dealers. Their recommendation to "hang up" on trained professionals who were trained to HELP and GUIDE customers through the purchase process has prompted me to only "hang up" on my normal visits to their site. Glad you kept documentation of your correspondence with them Jerry, anyone in the know im sure feels the same way.

Reactions: 1 person
You said it Walt. I hate this shit..

Walk up to a customer, do a professional meet and greet and they turn you down each time but had you NOT walked out to greet the customer, they want to bitch about how no one wanted to sell them a car.

Autoblog is a daily read for me but this was shady. Jerry provides training to help sales professional becomes better at their career. I guess no one at Autoblog has ever taken any training to do the same.

Jerry, good for you getting the audio files removed.

Reactions: 1 person
@Jeff, damn right. Its 2011 and the business is more transparent than ever. All Auto Blog did by writing this BS was perpetuate a stereotype of dealers that I find most educated consumers have moved past years ago. That should have been an article showing how Jerrys training makes dealers BETTER equipped to handle customers and improve process rather than the false portrayl they gave. I can think of numerous ways this article could have been spun in a positve manner, yet this writer chose to go the one way to make it look bad. It was a joke.